UNBOOM - King to sit out rest of 2019, redshirt only?

Yep. But Hurts came from Alabama, with no banjo on his knee, not UH.

1 Like

I wonder
 is King still growing in height? If so (yea, too many ancient astronauts stuff) how many others are still growing?

Then he transfers lol

The fact that King plays at UH and not Bama means nothing in terms of transferring. Look how how he has played up to this year (coming off an injury and in yet another new offense) and look at his numbers. If the big boy P5 coaches could take it all back knowing what they know now you can bet they wouldn’t have been talking him into committing as a WR. The dude can play QB at a big time level. Period.

1 Like

I’m still not so sure how bad that is and not so sure it wouldn’t work out pretty quickly. Could be decision between bullet or let the receiver go to it. Not being sure and not following through is very often the problem with overthrows in baseball and softball. Early release.

Yeah but what’s the point of delaying if it already got out and saying hes coming back.

Wow, we WILL have another great one to watch in the nfl!

Signed,
Not a fan of the NFL rather, a fan of UH Cougars and their success!!!

1 Like

My sentiment as well! The other transfers did so for playing time and a chance to showcase their talent, King does it because the going gets tough and the team is losing? That doesn’t sound like a leader or a high character guy to me! A warrior doesn’t quit and give up on his guys because his side is losing a battle! He should play the entire season and then transfer. Transfer after you get your degree and nobody would be so alarmed!

1 Like

That happens quite often. It is news when they eventually complete a degree while playing pros. That has to be even more so for those who leave for the pros early.

1 Like

He has to sit this season to have a year left of eligibility as grad transfer.

Edit: King is a senior this season.

He has to earn his degree in order to be a grad transfer. He doesn’t have to sit this year.

1 Like

That’s a terrible comparison simply because in college sports you don’t get rewarded with the first pick in every round like professional sports if your team sucks the worst! Frankly, it’s the other way around —— if your team is the worst in college sports then you get the bottom of the barrel in recruiting! No highly sought-after recruits want to join a team that is the worst of the bunch! That’s why Alabama has been #1 in recruiting the last several years!

2 Likes

even if 4 games to show off!

1 Like

It’s about the concept. If you listen to all the jabber in Coogfans this season was headed for the toilet. Trying to build for the future makes sense to me.

1 Like

If they aren’t willing, don’t redshirt, imo.

That’s not an option, due to his previous seasons. He finishes this season his eligibility is gone graduation or not. Redshirting now is the only way he preserves any eligibility.

Just for this year!

1 Like

What starter has purposely redshirted as a senior and come back for a last year?

The fact that both Corbin and King mention their degrees in their Twitter statements tells me they are transferring. Otherwise play now because you’ll still get your degree. Be a little selfish.

I cointenly hope so! If this IS indeed what we are speculating, it shows a very, VERY noble love for UH! It also shows the “method to CDH madness” knows no bounds!

Is Corbin going to fix his hands while he redshirts ? If not then are we really losing anything.

2 Likes