UNBOOM - King to sit out rest of 2019, redshirt only?

I’m honestly surprised we haven’t seen more of this. Usually quite a bit of attrition when a new coaching staff comes in and we didn’t have much. We will be fine. Transition pains.

1 Like

Did I just cross into a parallel Universe??? What the heck is happening?

2 Likes

Probably the whole offense!

We have a lot of problems on this team…lot of prima donnas who have been coddled for the past 3 years. Hell, look at last year when many of them straight up quit. Look at this year when they can’t finish the job or come out flat in the opener.

14 Likes

Queue the D King bashing in 3… 2… 1…

My take - this offense (or coach) isn’t suited to D Kings skill. He thrives as a dual threat QB, not a pocket passer. Hope he ends well.

My concern is the lack of cohesion on the team. You’d think someone like King, a leader on the team, would place a lot of value on his teammates and connections at the school. It must be intolerable.

One thing Herman did well was nurture a culture of camaraderie on his teams. I know even the best schools lose athletes to transfer but I don’t recall it happening with a team leader and starter. Feels less like a team and a collection of talented individuals.

4 Likes

Probably Stevenson may transfer as he was seen as a potential draft pick entering the season.

So you play 4 games, realize it is going to be a rough year and you quit and transfer?

Thats a really bad trend.

22 Likes

Look at my profile. I’ve only been here for a few months look at all my badges lol.

D’Eriq, lark and who knows maybe Corbin Is gone too. They all came in together and none of them redshirted

1 Like

We can’t say we have seen anything with the football team, but many of the other teams, (swim and dive, soccer, track, basketball), you will likely always see someone with a teammate hanging out/helping out. They walk together in bands. Nothing really seen from Football.

So, when does the news of Stevenson leaving come out?

1 Like

Well Bye! This whole transfer porta is death for the G5s. As soon as a plyer starts to get some press they lock it up and leave.

1 Like

Come on…Herman had one of his star LBs punch out another star LB during the season because of a rift over a game that was being overseen by the coaches.

He also had quite a few players call him out after he left.

15 Likes

Stevenson already redshirted though. Him transferring means he’ll basically lose a year. I think he’s NFL bound after this year

4 Likes

So has CDH. :thinking:

2 Likes

START LOGAN!

1 Like

Yeah, this imminent, I assume. What a shocking turn of events for our program.

Haha Not going to lie, that is hilarious when you read it aloud! :joy:

1 Like

We need to know what we have on him. I agree.

I agree, doubt he leaves.