UNT has problems

https://twitter.com/brettvito/status/1301707428493393922

They could have given more information than that. Since college students are 18 and older, how can the relationship be improper?
:thinking:

1 Like

Sounds a lot like the Major Applewhite incident at ut .In that case there was a policy against consensual relationships between staff and students that was violated. And not all college students are at least 18, but agree vast majority are.

1 Like

No it happened while he was at a highschool. So VERY wrong.

1 Like

This allegedly happened while he was coaching at a high school. “According to Denton County Jail records, the offenses occurred in October and December of 2019, during Wallis’ tenure at Argyle.”

2 Likes

He also had issues at Baylor too.

Nothing criminal about violating that policy alone (assuming the student-victim is not a minor), but it could cost you your job.

1 Like

Lawbert, yep your right, I stand corrected. This is much more serious thing than the Major thing.

When I was in high school, my home room teacher who also taught algebra, openly dated a girl who was a senior. Nothing was said about it, except maybe some crude jokes by teenage boys. It was OK with her parents as well. I think they got married later, but am not sure.

Nah man. This happened at a high school he was coaching at last year and apparently the girl was 16. He’s in deep trouble.

1 Like

I mean idk. Someone fresh out of college dating an 18 year old isnt as weird but that was also before my time. People frown on it now.