Upside? Will this do it?

President Khator
rkhator@uh.edu

Chris Pezman
directorofathletics@uh.edu

Will this do it? Yesterday I would have said no way. After today, it will be a surprise if CMA is still coach on Monday.

2 Likes

I’ll admit it, I turned the game off when it was 21-0. Christ man, a 56 point loss? I’m not gonna bother checking the final score. Trying to erase today from memory.

1 Like

If the decision is to hire a new HC, I’d oppose Briles, given how he’s handled this most recent job search. He’d dump us at the 1st good offer.

13 Likes

As long as the P5 cartel stays as it is now, any good coach will dump us on the first good offer.

1 Like

If those are our top two HC candidates, we are in deep deep trouble. We need to start over with a coach that already has proven he knows how to be a head coach.

4 Likes

I don’t want anyone from the current staff on any new staff. Of course I don’t pay the bills but this staff is barely middlin’ in a very middlin’ football conference.

Briles has the stats but his big game execution is baboon s###.

6 Likes

Steal the guy from UNT? I don’t trust the briles name anymore.

4 Likes

Amen. I didn’t think Applewhite was on the hot seat going into the bowl game. He is now.

5 Likes

Portland, you and me and everyone else knows that we arent going to fire applewhite after only 2 years
It just doesnt happen
not even to Levine.He will have huge heat put on him, and will need to win at least 8 next year to keep his job. Looking at our schedule and who we play next year, i think winning 8 is a huge long shot
Looks more like 6-6 to me, and a year from now we are going to be scratching our heads and saying, “well, who are they going to hire now??”

1 Like

Right so let’s fire him now and get it over, why wait unless it’s just money

5 Likes

Probably, but I dunno
 this is going to have an impact. they have to know that next year will be a total waste if they don’t do something. The plummet in season ticket sales is all but guaranteed if nothing is done.

This was a complete not ready to play loss and the fanbase is lost with it.

5 Likes

All of Applewhites bowls were embarrassments, he is horrible at preparing teams at bowl games

4 Likes

I’m not the only that will not renew season tickets if Applewhite comes back.

1 Like

To be fair, the momentum under Herman was starting to slow down towards the end of his second season.

In regards to the game today, I don’t think I’ve seen 70 points in a bowl game since WVU put 70 on Clemson back in the 2011 season. That was Dabo’s third full season as Clemson’s HC. It proves that you can overcome games like this and prosper.

2 Likes

We are not Clemson.

2 Likes

That was a world-class national embarrassment. What slogan do Renu and Pez use to promote Applewhite next season on billboards?

“Blame Herman!”

2 Likes

Words can’t express
well you know the rest.

Clemson was in the Orange Bowl when that happened. Not quite the same as getting curb stomped by Army in a 3rd tier bowl.

You’re right that they did give up 70 in that game though. They are the only other team to do it. We top them by also claiming the worst margin of defeat in bowl history.

1 Like

If Opie isn’t on the hot seat going into next year he should be this will likely be 3 OC’s in 3 years and 2 DC’s you don’t get a chance to miss that many times and keep your job normally.

2 Likes