USF @ #10 UH - 01/18/22 7PM CST ESPN+ (W 74-55)

https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK/status/1482813197535137797?s=20

Throwback unis on Tuesday

15 Likes

Very cool.

Nice clean look.

2 Likes

Love it!!!

2 Likes

Now if they had made the shorts the same length as the originals that would have been awesome. :sunglasses:

Deeky would have loved them.

5 Likes

Feed Carlton in this game!

1 Like

I think we need to wear these for more than just this game. Perhaps a national TV game.

6 Likes

Wasn’t USF missing 7 footer when we played in Tampa? I don’t think he is a 30 min/game guy but I suspect we see better interior defense on Tuesday.

1 Like

I agree!

In yesterday’s media availability, Sampson was asked about who would get more work between Elvin and Armbrester. Sampson said they haven’t made any decisions about that, and he wouldn’t answer even if they had so the other team wouldn’t be able to scout the gameplan. My prediction is that Armbrester ends up playing around 10 minutes to give Edwards, Walker, and Moore some breaks. We are going to rely on White and Carlton to score, and Armbrester has a better chance at defending than Elvin does.

It’s game day!

4 Likes

Line on this game is currently UH -18, which I think is probably a bit much given our current depth issues and the whooping USF just put on UCF. But I really hope it plays out this way. A blow out will get Armbrester, Francis and Elvin some valuable minutes, and more importantly, our regulars some rest.

I tend to think we’re going to be just fine during the regular season. I’m more worried about tourney time. Playing games in back to back days may prove devastating given our lack of depth. It won’t be for lack of effort though.

2 Likes

quick P2 wont hurt :wink: USF +18 and Wisconsin -2.5 for tonight’s picks

I’m sure they will pack the paint trying to stop Carlton but I fully expect another 30 from the big man. They can’t stop him. Just feed it to him in the post every time down the court and run the offense through him like the Rockets did Olajuwon in the early 90s. Knock down a couple of threes and pencil in the win.

1 Like

Plus take the points w/ OU vs Kansas. OU at home.

Super cool and many memories relived here

Carlton will be double teamed and doesn’t have much of a shot that isn’t a layup or dunk.
We better be hitting from the outside or driving to the hoop.
Now if our guys can penetrate too I can see Carlton scoring in double figures.
Would love to see a big game from him and others

1 Like

Would like to see Taze get more assertive on offense to take pressure off of others, especially Carlton

1 Like

Taze is the ultimate team player. If scoring is needed, he’ll look for his shot more. The last 2 games are prime examples. Kyler was struggling with his shot, and Taze ends up 17 points. Saturday nite, Kyler’s shot was falling, and Taze deferred and concentrated on rebounding

4 Likes

Guys…this absolutely breaks my heart to do, but I can’t go. I started feeling bad on my way home from a work trip and would feel pretty irresponsible going to the game with sinus trouble and body aches.

Two tickets and 115 and a parking pass up for grabs. First to PM me gets em.

EDIT - Tickets are gone

1 Like

That sucks…… hope you feel better.

Game is on espn+

1 Like