UT and OU stuck til 2025 per Thamel

UT is good for a sellout at TDECU, hopefully we play with our hair on fire like TCU did, and send the cows packing. Never underestimate the potential for Sark to go 5-7 again.

4 Likes

Take a loss at Houston and they’ll be more than willing to pay to leave

1 Like

I would think the opposite. If they lose to us at TDECU, then they would pound the table for a rematch at DKR for final bragging rights.

1 Like

UT at the Fertitta Center will be nuts.

2 Likes

Did you mean vagina stadium?

13 Likes

Whoopie, we get to go to Austin and Norman

1 Like

Sarkisian is a 7-8 wins at most sorta coach. The ideal situation would be they take a 3TD lead at the half! Given his history on the road while leading at the half, a 3TD lead guarantees they lose the game!

Ha, but actually I would kind of like to go to an away game @ the UT stadium, I’d actually prefer that over NRG.

I don’t think play them in 2024

I think it’s UT this year, and OU next year

9 Likes

I would rather have OU here than play UT in Austin.

5 Likes

Apparently Fox is holding things up. The get at least 1 UT v OU game over the next 2 years and want to be made whole for loss of that game.

Historically this fame has been the Big 12s most valuable conference match up.

https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/status/1621585988563730433?s=46&t=LVHJVKVWqbLpEAiPuTHLGQ

On w Smoakie.

Wait, McMurphy is actually saying the Big12, OU and UT reached a deal for a 2024 exit.

Wonder what the terms were. Rather skeptical of this

They do not reach an agreement?madcowsu prints money. There is something else in play.

We will not see OU in football, unless it is another Kick Off Classic, but
we did get our one game with UT at TDECU, what more could you ask for
entering the B12. Yormark has to know the history, and this is classic stick it to UT.

1 Like

If that were to happen, we should reject it and say that the game must be played at NRG. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I find it rather curious that this story breaks after a huge unveiling of the big12 conference schedule which attracted significant amount of attention and goodwill from everywhere.

Once again, this is a planted story by UT to control the narrative. McMurphy and the rest of them are simply bullhorns.

OUT are going nowhere until 2025.

1 Like

NFW the Big 10 takes Washington and the Quacks. Why should it? It already has the west coast.

Karma Akbar

UT and OU staying in the league until 2025 makes inviting pac12 schools a logistical nightmare. Any Pac12 schools wanting to jump to the big12 would need to come in starting 2024 when their TV deal expire.

A clean exit for OUT in exchange for four incoming pac12 schools could have worked.