UT fan comments on BurntOrangeNation

A rivalry has to be from both sides. And to hate someone, you have to give them a good bit of thought. Since we haven’t played them in 20+ years, I don’t think we have been on their radar very much. Therefore it’s not a true rivalry.

1 Like

My longhorn friends are psyched about having the game in town

I remember when we hosted Texas Tech at Robertson there was a large Jumbotron playing the game in the parking lot outside the stadium.

Lots of Houston and Tech fans continued to tailgate outside and watch the game from there. I think it would be good to bring that back this game.

I think long term we should plan a pavilion-like beer garden with a main stage and large screens with Astro turf in front. Games like this could really bring out a a good crowd.

Frontier Fiesta could use it as well as other student events throughout the year. Depending on the design, you could host outdoor events like at Cynthia Mitchell Woods Pavilion. Student groups could use it for an outdoor movie theater or watch parties for away games. It would be a great feature to the Gameday experience down the line. Pro facilities have been implementing these types of structures as well.

These guys did it best.

4 Likes

Why you got to spoil people’s fantasies? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

What is your fantasy?

Where would this go? The lack of a master plan means a pavilion like you propose would be at the expense of some other groups tailgate. Unless you put it so far away that no one would go anyway.

I don’t post except UH boards but do look around extensively.

I say this with no exaggeration:
The majority of comments on twitter/message boards/articles, etc from the B12 fan bases (and some non B12 fanbases like Utah) are UH bashings.

Add the AAC gang who have cranked up the UH bashing and its business as usual.
(no thanks for all that NCAA tourney $ ?)

UH on an island and making its own luck.

There must be some variation of this chart going around.
It has anti-UH crowd fuming. Tough to UH bash the academic side vs the Irate 8.

Out of sadomasochistic interest, what are the other boards? (I’m aware of surly, hornfans, & texags)

Orangeblood, Inside Texas, Burnt Orange Nation
Aggie Yell, Good Bull Hunting

Some are subscription. Expect delusion, devoid of any reality.

3 Likes

I went down the rabbit hole to find every message board for CFB, but I found this site.

I clicked a few links and quickly lost interest. Let them remain emotionally constipated.

2 Likes

The DMN had to repeat the D. Dodds comment after bleachergate,
“We will never play at Houston ever again!”
This has been UT’s sentiment ever since, they did quote from Horns247
where most said this would be an easy win for UT. UT would like to not
elevate our program with teams playing, and of course not risk losing, but
Rice is no problem.

Emotionally constipated is a very apt description for most of their fanbase…Why wouldnt it be, given their staggering record of underachievement every year, matched only by aggie…

1 Like

I heard from a little bird that some very high ups at UH are leading a charge to get it at NRG, even after the comments came out.

doubt it…

I doubt it too bc Pez was firm on playing at tdecu plus tickets go on sale soon with where they are so we will know soon. My bet is no changes.

They better not move that darn game, piss on the Longhorn fans they can watch it on tv

2 Likes

I don’t understand the economics…its 30,000 more seats, but what percent of ticket revenue would UH get? What percent of concessions would UH get. How much would NRG charge to rent out the stadium. If such an arrangement could be a financial success…how come we don’t see TCU playing games at AT&T stadium?

I wouldn’t think UH is missing out of a ton of revenue not moving the game, if you factor in the fact that UH could leverage the UT game to ensure that season tickets are sold out for all the games, it seem like it could cost UH money to move the game.

1 Like

It would be 50 , 50 split bc UT wouldn’t want to have their fans giving us all revenue. My take on it

They move that game to NRG and it’ll be the last you see of me around here. I’ll send my donations to Bauer from now on.

2 Likes

Without being on the inside, hard to know what to make of this. UH could be ratcheting up the payoff from UT to move the game to NRG. UH could be playing mind games with UT, with no intention of moving the game.

I do know this. Pez will be professionally humiliated if the game moves to NRG without a sizeable payoff (minimum 8 figures). I will even write Pez’s press release:

“We had every intention of playing the game in our home stadium of TDECU, but UT offered UH $XX,XXX,XXX.00 and the financial impact of that amount to the football program was so huge, we could not pass it up.”

As part of the negotiation, I would also include a home and home series with UT in the future. UT has no leverage in this deal, except money.

1 Like