Watching UNT vs UTSA

Actually, some bowl games are money losers since they require so many tickets to be sold by each team. I can guarantee that a 5 win UH team would have a very hard time selling the allotment.

I’d imagine that regardless of the inability to sell tickets, there WILL still be a profit of some sort. Are we so high and mighty that we are above actual profit? If so, humility is in order; it should be sold with a warm slice of humble pie.

It depends on when a game can be declared over or finished whether because of Cloverfield events, darkness, or weather.

1 Like

Payouts from lesser bowls pretty much cover the teams expenses and little else.

We should not be above profit, regardless of the amount. I see bowl games in a different context. It’s about one last game for the senior class that has put years into developing their football skills and will likely never play another down and an opportunity for more practice time/game experience for the future players coming back the next year.

2 Likes

I think you’re wrong.

Minor bowls pay very little. But the school is on the hook for thousands of (often bad) tickets).

Tickets not sold are taken from the bowl payout. We are responsible for those tickets one way or another.

If any of the payout remains, we get some travel expenses.

If any is left after expenses, the remainder goes to the conference to be split among the remaining teams.

You don’t go to one of these minor bowls to make money. You do it for additional practice, some television exposure, and a reward for the players and (some) alumni.

We aren’t going to a bowl game. Seriously, Dana is redshirting Seniors. We are mailing it in. Wow!

09Frontiersman:

You’re starting to irritate Coognation… you are making your point 1000 times. We get it. We know how you feel. Maybe dial it back some. I’m fielding lots of complaints.

1 Like

My bad. I will stay calm and carry on.

1 Like

thanks.