Way Too Early Pre-Season Rankings for 22-23

3 Likes

They have us the lowest of the polls I’ve seen so far, so they must be biased. Boo that man.

3 Likes

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-basketball-rankings-Way-Too-Early-Top-23-for-2023-185731882/#185731882_1

2 Likes

Get used to it boys. We are going to be the hunted every game. We will be picked to win and we will play like it. The B12 will bring it every night, should be fun next year. We are used to climbing our way to the top of the rankings, now we are at the top playing to stay. It is a new day for Cougar athletics.

3 Likes

THAT is the saltiest Top Ten I’ve seen in a while. I’ve seen some weak projections but those teams are good.

Early top 25 for 2022-23 college basketball season - The Washington Post

3. Houston (32-6) . Lesson learned. The Cougars withstood injuries to Marcus Sasser and Tramon Mark to reach the Elite Eight this season, and they were an advanced metrics darling because they treated every game — including facing East Carolina or South Florida on a random weeknight — like an opportunity to wallop someone and prove a point. Houston usually did. Forward Jarace Walker is a top-10 recruit who will only make the Cougars more dangerous.

8 Likes

3. Houston Cougars

Kelvin Sampson has taken Houston to the Elite Eight twice and the Final Four once in the last three NCAA tournaments, and with Marcus Sasser (17.7 PPG), Jamal Shead (10.0 PPG, 5.8 APG) and Tramon Mark (10.1 PPG) all expected to return, more success awaits next season. As for newcomers, Jarace Walker (5-star, No. 9 overall) might be the biggest recruit in school history, and Terrance Arceneaux (4-star, No. 40 overall) should also contribute immediately.

1 Like

Duke +900
North Carolina +1100
Kansas +1200
Kentucky +1200
Gonzaga +1400
Arkansas +1400
UCLA +1600
Houston +1600
Villanova +1800
Arizona +1800
Texas +2000
Michigan +2200
Baylor +2200
Alabama +2800
Texas Tech +3500

1 Like

Duke +1000
Gonzaga +1100
Kentucky +1100
Arkansas +1100
Kansas +1400
Houston +1400
North Carolina +1400
UCLA +1600
Michigan +1800
Arizona +1800
Baylor +2000

1 Like

Way too early, is right. FWIW, I’m happy being in the Top 25, but I don’t think being a Top 5 team is helpful, especially as it comes with no reward or trophy except a target on your back.

1 Like

It looks great to recruits

8 Likes

Yep. Even if we got upset in the tourney the rankings, increased attention, and B12 move will makes us a more viable option for recuits

Here’s to all the people that say we’re not a blue blood. I’d like to think we are

8 Likes

We aren’t a blue blood no matter how high we rank

1 Like

andy katz always hating, he put out his preseason top 36… he has houston at #11

4 Likes

I assume that’s after he finds out Sasser may not come back.

Gotta win a Natty before we are considered blue blood

2 Likes

he revealed his ranking on a live stream w/ comments… he noted sasser not coming back as why he has us at 11, we are still top 10 without sasser, our ability to win a title drastically drops imo but still top 10

but that’s not the issue, whats dumb about his rankings was that he gave leeway to other team, and he gave literally EVERY other player testing the waters that wasn’t guaranteed 1st round (with way higher draft stock than sasser) as coming back. mayers baylor, oscar t kentucky, koloko arizona… he gave everyone not houston leeway … someone even noted in the comment section at the end that sasser is likely back, and he say “yeah probably”…which just confuses everything even more…i think he just has houston at 11, sasser was a convenient excuse

9 Likes

Sasser is coming back though…

Fr, if did all the stuff weve been doing since 2019 as an SEC or B1G team we would be the undisputed number 1.

The media lovefest for those conferences despite pathetic showing year in and year out is pathetic at this point lol