We just played our last game

We just played our last game as a mid-major. Off to the big leagues, we’re a major again!!!

44 Likes

I just made my deposit for 2 season tix next year. Can’t wait for the new era. Finally no more CUSA and AAC teams. No more Southern Miss, East Carolina, Tulane, Air Force, etc…

19 Likes

I am hyped about the next era of Cougar Football!

16 Likes

Buckle up because it will be rough in the coming years.

12 Likes

What is that saying “becareful what you wish for”. Big 12 gonna be rough.

5 Likes

We’ll see. If we can plug up a few spots in the portal then I believe we can be a 7 or 8 win team next season.

7 Likes

15 Likes

That opening UTSA game on Sept 2d is huge to have a decent B12 Year 1.

Need 3-0 OOC and then 3 in B12.

Obviously I hope for more but I’m trying to be realistic.

7 Likes

You must have a lot of faith in the new QB……

1 Like

Lol ur drinking, with the way we played today??? No way we win that many, I’m thinking 6 max

2 Likes

We don’t even know who the QB will be yet and I’m sure CDH will hit the portal.

I do. He’s a good one.

2 Likes

Sigh, you can say that again.

2 Likes

That would be “be careful what you wish for.”

3 Likes

I wonder how much of a winning impact former 5* QB, JT Daniels, will have with Rice…if we’re too confident & have a defense perform like it did most of this season, it could be a coin-flip.

4 Likes

If he was so talented then why does he progressively transfer to lesser schools…

2 Likes

I thought the same thing about Luke McCaffrey, and he was single-handedly beating nearly ALL of our Secondary.

If he doesn’t hesitate, he almost surely catches the game-winning TD against us at TDECU on Rice’s last drive.

1 Like

Between now and the start of next year, we need to find out how to get more of a push upfront in short yardage situations or we are screwed. We can’t keep getting blown up in the backfield or stuffed at the line on 3rd and 1 or 4th and short situations and no the answer is not to just pass it every time.

Before today’s game I was optimistic about our running game heading into next year considering Alton McCaskill is returning along with the entire offensive line but holy cow after watching that same front 5 today unable to push around a 6-6 Sunbelt school I think realistically we might be in for a rough season next year.

5 Likes

I think we’ll be solid in the Running game.

We have McCaskill coming back, Campbell, Stacy Sneed & 4* Freshman Parker Jenkins, whom we just signed for our 2023 Class.

4 Likes

We definitely have the talent in the backfield heading into next year. Just wish the offensive line would have shown us more today in the run blocking game. It seems like for large parts of the game today, Louisiana dared us to run it and we couldn’t. I’m not going to pretend to watch many Louisiana Lafayette football games but it looks like in their last game they gave up over 200 yards rushing to a Texas State Running back and the game before that Florida State ran for over 200 yards on them as well.

2 Likes