We need Jarace to step up

Needs to have a big, Virginia-like game for us to continue Dancing.

5 Likes

He has it in him.

4 Likes

I agree we need him to step up. However I am expecting him to play like he has been playing which is a bit passive in my opinion. I honestly feel that he is coasting through the tournament and thinking about the draft. I hope I am wrong.

I’ve known enough athletes to know their competitiveness just doesn’t allow them to work that way.

Now, him playing a bit passive because he hasn’t quite realized he can take over a game…that I can see. Maybe someone needs to summon Mufasa on one of the clouds in Birmingham this morning and give him a pep talk.

2 Likes

I think we need a healthy Shead and for Mark to step up like we know he can.
Walker had 16 points on 6-8 shooting last night with six rebounds and an incredible blocked shot. Not sure if anyone should expect more than that.
The key to me is getting some bench points like Sharp gave us last night.

4 Likes

There was a play in the first half where he passed on a 3, drive in and got called for a charge. Outside of that, I thought he played an excellent game. It will need to continue tomorrow.

3 Likes

Agreed I thought Jarace played well. Mark has to step up.

2 Likes

I dont feel like hes coasting past few games, I feel he is always looking over his shoulder with a shorter leash, one bad shot and coach will bench him. A lot mental to me.

I see his eyes a lot of times throughout season, whenever he makes a mistake, he’s looking at the bench to see if he’s getting sub’d out

Thats the main reason I feel he’s passive

But agree, we need a more aggressive Jarace against Auburn

1 Like

TA seemed to play with more aggressiveness and confidence yesterday even though his shots didn’t fall.

8 Likes

We don’t win yesterday without JWALK’s play… Period.

Mark and TA HAVE to step up in this game.

And… WE HAVE TO PROTECT THE BALL BETTER AND QUIT MAKING VERY DUMB PASSES.

We looked totally out of character yesterday for a lot of the game.

7 Likes

I thought he had 2 or 3 incredible blocks last night.

3 Likes

He did but that one where he blocked the attempted dunk was special

2 Likes

Oh, yeah. It was a thing of beauty. He just does things on the court that other guys can’t. It’s not fair sometimes.

3 Likes

This right here. We know Jarace can put up 20+ but he played well last night. He did his job. Tramon has got to step it up and get out of this shooting slump he’s in. If he can start putting up 10 points a game that itself will make a big impact.

1 Like

Tramon Mark is the key, he has the mid range jumper, it’s almost automatic and yet he is rarely attempting it….this i don’t understand.
He is the one that needs to pick up his offense imo.

8 Likes

There are 3-4 times per game, I want him to drive and just dunk on someone’s face. He does have a good mid-range game, but let’s get to the rim and maybe get the other team in foul trouble.

1 Like

1 Like

I actually thought he played well in the NKU game. We need about 8 more points out of him this game. No more passing up wide open three point shots just to get a charge call.

Mission accomplished. Jarace was AMAZING defensively tonight

6 Likes

Jarace Walker had 6 blocks, J’Wan Roberts had 5 blocks. GO COOGS!!!

5 Likes