We need UCF to destroy everyone!

We need to worry about uh and uh alone, what anybody else does is out of our hands, take care of our business and worry about the when and if we get to the aac title game. GO COOGS

Again, nonsense. Complete apples-to-oranges comparison.

Who did UCF beat? They had exactly one P5 opponent on their schedule - Maryland, who finished 4-8. They also weren’t coming off a 13-1 season with a NY6 bowl victory.

Contrast 2016 Houston, who beat #3 Oklahoma and #3 Louisville, after going 13-1 the prior season and waxing Florida State in the Peach Bowl.

I’m done arguing about it - I’m just glad the coaches and players haven’t been infected with the kind of defeatism and negativity that some of you are showing.

It isn’t nonsense or negative it’s a reference, and an accurate one at that. Do you think either Tech or Arizona will have good enough seasons this year to help us land a playoff spot? No they won’t. It also isn’t defeatism. It’s called operating within the realm of reality and not overestimating how much we matter to the CFB world. I’m a Coog through and through, but I am also in the right of mind to know that we don’t have any buzz right now. Our chances of making the playoffs are about as possible as Ed winning the Heisman. It’s “possible” but when has a defensive player ever won the Heisman since Desmond Howard? When has a G5 team even won a NC in the BCS era? And yet were supposed to sneak into the ESPN invitational? C’mon man.

1 Like

UCF last year was different than what UH would have been in 2016. First, they didn’t win a NY6 bowl the year before. Second, they didn’t beat a team nearly as good as OU or Louisville.

It would have been MUCH harder for the committee to keep us out in 2016 vs, UCF last year. That’s not to day they wouldn’t have. Just that it’s not the same argument.

Based on reason, yes it would be harder; I’m sure the guys who are on the committee who have their mind made up about G5 programs prior to the start of the season wouldn’t lose any sleep either way. I don’t see how anyone is seriously comfortable saying we have a chance in the CFP system. Maybe if conference champions are rewarded then yes, but Bama lost their CCG and still got in. Optics suggest the whole dang thing favors Goliath over David.

I’m not convinced it would have happened. I think it’s more likely than not that we would have been in.

Either way, that was a nearly perfect storm for us and still didn’t come close to happening because going undefeated is really hard.

Am not sure UCF even wins the East this season. Yes , Milton was a stud against terrible horrible UCONN defense , but I was surprised at how easily UCONN moved the ball against them.