Week 5 - games to watch!

Huge 3. Gonzaga has a 68 game home winning streak…

Gonzaga looks like they will hang on. Kent State played tough. Turned it on just in time to see Carry play hero ball.

1 Like

Kent killed on the boards and FT line. Life on the road.

1 Like

zags are getting every call

1 Like

Horseshit charge on Kent State.

2 Likes

27-13 FT advantage.

Thx for link caught the last 2 minutes

Rockets in dogfight with Philly

So…everyone good with Kent State now? Ken Pom has them projected to win the rest of their games and a 23-7 record overall at end of season. They probably will still have to win the MAC tourney to get in, but man if they get in they are going to do some damage.

4 Likes

I don’t think anyone would want to play them at home.

Kent St & St Mary’s are tough as NAILS!

2 great wins by our Houston Cougs!!!

I didn’t see the game but it sounds like the refs had another case of “West Coast must win” itis…

27-13 is a pretty big differential to overcome…

1 Like

They are the classic 12 or 13 seed that causes havoc on the first weekend of the tourney. If they get better at closing out games they could sneak their way into the 2nd weekend. Only team in the MAC I see really challenging them is Toledo.

The Zags went on an 11-0 run at the end to win by one more than UH.

Here’s the thing.

They’d better not have a slip up in the MAC tourney, because if they do, then another team will represent the MAC in the NCAAs. The MAC is typically a one bid, tourney winner only league.

That’s the thing I hate about giving automatic bids to conference tourney winners.

In many cases, it means that that conference’s team in the tourney often isn’t that conference’s best team, and often isn’t the one most likely to make noise in the tourney. It may simply be the one that had the best weekend prior to the tourney.

I mean that’s a given, the only team that had a shot at at large status was Kent St but they need the Charleston game and 1 of the two with us and the zags. Only question I have is where is the MAC tourney played? If the top team hosts I don’t see them slipping up.

Usually Cleveland, Ohio in the Cavs’ arena.

Gotcha. Well from what I’ve seen of that league this year they don’t have much to worry about. Toledo, maybe Akron? Buffalo and Ohio are both down. Should be pretty smooth sailing for them one they get to league play.

No doubt. But as I said, I hope they don’t have a slip up in their conference tourney, because if they do, then a lesser MAC team may be in the NCAAs.

Our favorite AP voting troll, Seth Davis, has been dogging us for beating Kent State by only 5 points. I wonder if he’ll change his tune now? I doubt it. We only beat Oregon, on the road, by 10 and St. Mary’s by single digits on a neutral court.

Best games tonight

1 Like