Week 5 - games to watch!

That Molson drive looked too easy.

Virginia in a dog fight

JMU Hit clutch shot… down 2 with 1min to play… UVA ball

note uva has been terrible at the line today

yeah that was bad D

Looks like Virginia will hang on

I wonder if theyll get penalized in the polls. They be flirting with danger against 2 sub par teams at home this week. Especially if Purdue looks dominant in their wins.

Purdue receive 5 more 1st place votes on the latest rankings. And UVA doesn’t play again until they play UH in 11 days. Purdue has a semi tough game this Saturday at Nebraska. If they win by a good margin they can pass up UVA. Nebraska just beat Creighton at their home.

1 win from #1 vs #2 matchup

This was their Kent state.

ECU messed up a perfect night for the AAC.

Turned on Nebraska vs Indiana.

Bandoumel from SMU transferred to Nebraska

Man, once upon a time Fred Hoiberg had a top 20 program at Iowa State. Enjoyed his teams

Now, his teams stink at Nebraska

What coach can fix Georgetown

https://mobile.twitter.com/HilltopHoops_/status/1600639932518760450

Not only is Tech losing by 7 at halftime in Lubbock to 295th NET Nicholls State, they were held to 28 points. As Rothstein says, Brutal.

1 Like

Mark Adams need to hire someone with offensive prowess to get there offense together

2 Likes

Tech went from experienced guard play last season. To completely the opposite this season

Pop Isaacs - freshman

Elijah Fisher - Freshman

Jaylon Tyson- sophomore

Lamar Washington- freshman

They brought in 3 transfer guards, who have kinda underperformed (Kerwin Walton - UNC, D’Maurian Williams- Gardner Webb, Davion Harmon - Oregon)

1 Like

Tech down 1 to Nicholls. 2 minutes to go

Looks like Techs gonna win.

UCONN is a well run oil machine.

Hopefully UCONN is peaking early, cause if not :grimacing:

2 solid bigs. Sanogo and Clingan

About 4 or 5 shooters. Hawkins, Newton, Karaban, Calcaterra

Almost 10 deep. I don’t wanna face this team

1 Like

im not that scared of them…their bigs are the type that struggle with our trap… a lot of shooters but none are dynamic or fast… i think we shut them down defensively

the question is can we score on them, they are tall and long… this would be the question mark entering that game

3 Likes

:thinking:

Ill have to watch more of them. They whooped up on Alabama at PK85 tournament

In college basketball, your shooters dont have to be complete players. Just be decent defenders and knock down high 35+% of 3s

The Coogs have made 66 3s this year

UCONN has made 84

Sasser is our only consistent 3pt threat. (Other guys have potential obviously. Sharp isn’t seeing consistent minutes. Ramon? No. Arceneaux? Not there yet as a shooter)

For us to be more dynamic offensively:

*Arceneaux has to find his groove. Be a consistent bench scorer

*Emmanuel Sharp, needs to be added to the rotation

*Jarace, figuring out his game. Where hes a consistent 12-15 pts a game player

The other guys? Shead, Mark, Jwan, Ja’vier. Francis against high level talent can be a rim protector and rebound guy. I can’t expect him to be a bucket getter

Shead, Mark, Jwan. I can kinda forsee what theyll be this season. J’wan i don’t think will be shooting too many 3s this year. Which is fine. His lost post game is solid. But means he can’t stretch the defense

Mark and Shead. All about their shooting. Teams will scheme up a defense to get the ball away from Sasser. And those guys have to be able to hit 3s

What teams could do this defensively? Virginia, Cincy, Memphis.

because Alabama is 225 in the post and sanogo is a monster in the post (note sanogo got bediako in foul trouble so noah clowney at 210lbs played center for them majority of the game)… uconn was horrible matchup for bama who has absolutely no post size (weight) and plays straight man to man … we’d drastically handle uconn post size better

sanogo isnt some passing big, neither is clingan…they are the type of centers who our system is built to beat… a better way to picture is that sanogo is a smaller kofi cockburn …kofi would eat bama alive too and also would struggle vs our “monster”

as far as their “shooters” none of them are dynamic (just tall)- mostly catch and shoot guys…uconn best ball handler is tristen newton, who was on ecu last year …who we were up something like 32-4 last year …

im not talking better or worse but matchups… can we take away what they do best…uconn model is to have sanogo bully in the post, and when you try to double or help, there are open shooter… i have full confidence in our ability to defend them…

the question is we could score on them… our offense needs work but i think we could get to a point of scoring on them… uconns 4 and 5 arent great rim protectors (sanogo just good as pushing people out of the post), their defense is built around 3 really tall and long guards (6’5, 6’6 and 6’6 at the 1,2 and 3) …im confident in our d vs team, offense not as much…

1 Like