What are you most excited about with UH jumping to the Big 12?

I’m excited to be able to have more games against big name teams under our belt so people can’t talk about how we’re in an “easy conference.”

9 Likes

I’m excited about teams that matter going to TDECU and bigger home crowds.

11 Likes

Since the best two were already posted, talking smack with all my buddies that went to other colleges as we did back in the swc days.

6 Likes

The overall level of competition
Packed house more often in Fertita-Hof
The greater level of national exposure

5 Likes

Improved football/basketball schedules and the extra revenue to finance our athletics department as a whole.

4 Likes

Tougher out of conference games

2 Likes

…LFG!

1 Like

More amenities to keep fans happy now that there’s money for it.
More respect
Closer drive away games

Our recruits won’t change because we recruit good guys no matter the stars.

3 Likes

No Memphis State.
No Tulsa.
No SMU.
No USF.
No ECU.

17 Likes

im not really that excited, im kinda indifferent about it… some pluses some negatives

im kinda in a national title hunting mindset, so more excited get more excited about thats, than who we pay in the regular season

1 Like

Left out Tulane and Temple

1 Like

I’m most excited about more money for our athletic department

4 Likes

Exactly! We’re in a conference where we’ll have way better chances at winning nattys.

Hard to say that for basketball given CKS’s success here… But across the board that’s what I’m excited about.

3 Likes

I was curious about this: with more money, should we expect expansions to TDECU and Fertitta center?

I’m excited about screaming at Baylor fans in the parking lot with a 4Loko in my hand.

11 Likes

For me it’s going to be able to watch how dominate in baseball we are against inferior competition.

1 Like

No. There’s some that want expansion for TDECU, but that should come after 3 seasons to Guage if we need it. Fertitta will not get an expansion at all anytime soon.

1 Like

Being a part of the best basketball conference in the country, and UH adding to the Big 12 being the best basketball conference in the country.

And playing Kansas and other Texas schools on a yearly basis.

3 Likes

I don’t follow how we will have better chances at a natty in an inferior conference… better players want to play on a bigger stage, which we will increasingly get in the B12.

2 Likes

I’m excited to get more press and more respect locally and nationally.
For our fans, I’m sorry they lost an easy thing to complain about

6 Likes