What do we do with our XII first paycheck?

EaDo to the north, Midtown/Museum District to the west, campus to the east, Riverside Terrace to the south. Third Ward has been gentrifying for decades now. Sheila can do nothing about it.

1 Like

What did SJL do for UofH when BIG12 excluded us?ā€¦ I donā€™t thank anything because sheā€™s a graduate of TSU.

She is definitely no friend of UH. She has fought Renu and UH on many fronts, one of which was that plot of land the med school is now sitting on.

1 Like

Also, Sylvester Turner is the mayor of Houston and a UofH graduateā€¦ what can his group do for UofH? ā€¦hit while the iron is hot.

We have heard or read that our campus is in a dangerous neighborhood. I took classes at night. I was often walking late and never had one single issue or felt unsafe. This was in the late 80ā€™s early 90ā€™s. I do feel and believe that a lot of outsiders consider it that way because quite a few are racists.
Some of you have been on the USC campus. It is an a neighborhood that some could say the same as our neighborhood.

My bitchin motorcycle was stolen during spring day classes right I n front of the student center

I mean I was held up once walking to my car after an evening class. I was one of three students in a week. It does happen

E. Ironically, we lived off Almeda near the Fiesta for two years and the only time anything like that happened to me was on campus. Never felt unsafe in the neighborhood, people generally mind their own business.

I am sorry for that but your bitchin motorcycle could have been stolen anywhere since it wasā€¦bitchin. I had stuff stolen in River Oaks. Seriously sorry that this happened to you.

Not right away, we cant even fill the current version

Two words: Golden Nugget

Itā€™s all okā€¦ I wanted to get rid of it for something betterā€¦ so it turned out ok for meā€¦ but you have to have security on campus for everyoneā€¦ been to Texas A&M lately?.. you canā€™t get on campus without crossing guards and gatesā€¦ itā€™s like a private gated community of studentsā€¦ kind of nice.

We are getting land locked close to stadiumā€¦ need breathing room for B12 events and othersā€¦ I loved the XFL games at TDECU stadium ā€¦they were awesome especially since we went undefeated

The former is not the law.

But the latter is probably the truth of the matter. Iā€™m surprised there hasnā€™t been significant private development in the area of Scott. But itā€™s coming, like it or not.

No, her undergrad is Yale and her law degree is UVA Law

I think the only place UH could have bought land was across Elgin but looks like developers already have some of that area.

#4 Start a fund for a BRAND NEW basketball arena

1 Like

I thought they bought some of that warehouse property right by the 45 entrance. Forget where I read it.

1 Like