WHAT HAPPEN WITH ART

And I don’t miss the pooch kick on kickoffs. Just emphasized how crappy our STs were…
Lousy.

1 Like

Man I hated that pooch kick. Every stinking time. Pooch kick it or kick it ob trying to pooch kick it. And all the penalties for the dumbest reasons. Kolb was awesome though.

2 Likes

Poor special teams play, along with turnovers and penalties, were the “Unholy Trinity” of UH football during Briles’ time here

4 Likes

I guess I have kinda of a split take on all that has been said so far. I liked both Briles and Magggard and lots of what they did here! Briles had the players believing in what they could do from almost the very beginning! Whatever someone said about the H.S. coaches on Briles staff doesn’t know the quality of coaches they were, besides being ex U of H alums. I liked Maggard’s aggressiveness to be willing to hold his coaches accountable, but at the same time he was limited on how to take U of H to the next development step.

2 Likes

And he would never get the qb under center. We could need an inch for a td and he would snap the ball back 4 yards and give the ball to the running back behind an undersized line.

1 Like

Along that line, didn’t Kolb have to run to the sidelines after every play to get a new play? Or am I losing it?

3 Likes

Our 2006 Liberty Bowl is on You Tube right now.

You can see the greatness of Kolb, Art’s innovative offense, and the cause of his Cougar and future Baylor losses.

2 Likes

4th and 50…that is All I have to Say!

3 Likes

That Liberty Bowl was a fun game. We had the best receivers and qb and runners but South Carolina had the best linebackers and linemen.

2 Likes

Art Briles raised two programs from the dead. That boy can coach! I don’t hate any of our coaches for leaving. I don’t root for them either. Everyone will leave for more money or prestige. If UT came for Dana he would be gone as well. So i always take their, " we can build a powerhouse here or I’m here forever" with a grain of salt. I just want our Coaches to win games and graduate players.

2 Likes

I don’t see Dana going to UT. Why deal with all of the pressure and garbage when you can make a good living, be ranked yearly, possibility of winning a conference championship and a big bowl game. Starting next year… :grinning:

3 Likes

If the past is an example, me thinketh UT and A&M are done with hiring future HC from UH.

2 Likes

And if not the year after will definitely be our year when Dana finally gets his system in place and all his guys in.

1 Like

Right you are - about that; now, they will try something else to put the Coogs down! Nothing - seems to work out for them, does it?

2 Likes