Which Coogs have had the longest NFL career?

Hint…they played in NFL in the same exact years and played against each other in a Super Bowl ???

1 Like

Well, I know Robert Newhouse played 12 years for the Cowboys and Simon Fletcher played 11 years for the Broncos, but they didn’t play each other in a Super Bowl. So, I don’t know who you are talking about.

2 Likes

Riley Odom and Robert Newhouse played 12 years.

2 Likes

Technically Larry Cole played 13 seasons but never suited up for us. He transferred here from the Air Force academy but blew out after 1 semester and went to the other UH on the island.

Pat Studstill has 11. Simon fletcher had 11. Greg Brezina had 11 as well. A handful of 10s. A total of 158 players in the league.

1 Like

Glenn Cadrez played for 11.

1 Like

A guy that never suited up for us and went to that other UH, and I assume played for them, can’t be considered a Coog, IMHO.

2 Likes

Winner

I knew it wasn’t him but man for a minute there I thought it was Antowain Smith it seemed like he stuck around for s long time turns out it was 8 full seasons and 9 as being on a roster still solid a career

4 Likes

If Case plays out his full contract with the Browns (I believe it was 4 years), he will have 12 years in the league, right?

Edit: It is a three-year contract, so he will be tied at 11. He deserves every year and penny he gets.

4 Likes