Who do we want to win tonight..Temple or UCF?

Quite so. We should want UCF to win for multiple reasons, including that it increases our odds of getting NY6 if we beat UCF, and Temple absolutely cannot be thew conference champion after losing those games. The NY6 slot will go to UAB before it goes to Temple.

2 Likes

My vote is UCF. Temple will hurt the conference if they beat the top teams of the east. USF and Houston, along with UCF, need to beat Temple.

The dream scenario for me would be for UCF to slip up to either Cincinnati or USF down the road but they remain the leader of the AAC East and the Coogs won out the AAC West and we host the championship game against UCF in TDECU.

3 Likes

No. The highest ranked G5 conference champ gets the NY6 slot. Unlike the P5, G5s have to actually win their conference to get the automatic NY6 bid.

3 Likes

UCF. I’m curious to see how far up the CFP will let them go. The last time a G5 started close to this high in week 10 it was Memphis ranked 13th and they immediately lost the next week. Temple, Navy, Cincy, USF and hopefully Houston is nothing to sneeze at.

On the other side of it, if NY6 is our goal, UCF losing a couple of games might mean we are playing an unranked team in the championship.

On the competitive side, why are we wanting other teams to do the dirty work for us? Are you afraid of UH playing UCF in Florida? If we win that, we get that much more respect. If we lose that, we lose no respect.

1 Like

Go temple! Then we have 2 more top 25 opponents as a win against ucf would propel Temple to around 24.

This is where I fall on this question. As much as I would love to be in the stands at TDECU for the CCG, if we’re scared of playing UCF in Orlando, I’m a little less confident of our ability to beat whoever we play in the NY6 on a neutral field. And if we beat an undefeated UCF on the road before heading to the NY6, we’ll garner more eyeballs than otherwise.

1 Like

UCF.

1 Like

I want us to host CCG no matter what. Much better chance of winning the conference at home. I’m only interest in what’s best for UH, not UCF.

1 Like

What is best for UH is beating an undefeated UCF on the road.

7 Likes

It has nothing to do with being scared to play at UCF on the road or our NY6 opponent. It has to do what’s the best chance to win the CCG and us getting to attend the game without traveling to Orlando. We’ll worry about NY6 opponent when and if we get there. Let’s get there first!!

1 Like

But again I ask, what good is winning the conference if we don’t get NY6? That’s what the Temple-UCF choice comes down to. We already unexpectedly have the yellow brick road paved for us to win the west.

Edit: chiro your response to 2002 answers my question, win ccg now and wait and see for ny6 is a valid viewpoint.

All 3 AAC championships have been won by the home team.

1 Like

I hate when other G5s get in there and get blasted by the P5 opponent…Western Michigan or Hawaii anyone???..if you get there as a G5, kill the lion…don’t get eaten up…

1 Like

UCF should win because it will give us a SOS bump over other G5 teams should we win out.

2 Likes

What’s best for UH is a better chance of winning the game. And that would be homefield advantage. There’s no guarantee we can win at home or lose on the road but I would imaging the players and coaches rather play the game in front of their own home crowds. Everyone is rooting for UCF because Fresno is ahead of us. I’m one of those that are not worried about Fresno. Win out and we’re playing in NY6 bowl.

1 Like

Man just think about that. Us and UCF win out and we have a chance to beat a top 10 team on the road THEN beat another top 10 P5 team in a ny6 bowl. 2018 UCF >>> 2015 Temple
2018 UH season >>> 2015 UH season

I try not to look forward much but we really have a chance to do something special this year with UCF’s win streak.

2 Likes

The interesting part is how many people assume we would be playing UCF in the championship if they lose to Temple. If Temple beats UCF and we beat Temple, Temple is still on top of their division.

4 Likes

I’ll add my vote for UCF, and probably repeat what a lot of people have already said lol. If UCF looses, the committee will over value the MWC for NY6. We need a competitive game with Temple showing a fight, but UCF as winner.

Of course, we need to take care of business ourselves but I think the only way an AAC team gets into the NY6 game is either UH or UCF conference champion

2 Likes

This is a valid opinion, so I won’t argue with it. I just slightly disagree about worrying about Fresno, or Utah State for that matter, especially since the committee is already thinking Fresno is a better team than us and probably Utah State too. If UCF gets knocked off before we get to them, who knows how far they will drop in the rankings. That’s my fear…the unquantifiable bias of the committee. If UCF wins out, even if they somehow fall in the rankings, it wouldn’t be by much. I don’t want the committee to have reason to punish UCF further for all the commotion they made last year.

Great point, Shaggy. I don’t necessarily have a rooting interest tonight, but I’m also of the opinion that UCF will likely win it comfortably. But if for some reason Temple comes to play and pulls the upset, UCF will need Temple to lose to us and USF (no chance they lose to UConn the final week of the season). If we end up playing Temple for the CCG, I’m WAY more nervous about the NY6 than I was before.

2 Likes

UH fans should want UCF to win because if you get to and win the title game it vaults you in the rankings. To make UCF shut up it would be nice to see Temple win.