Who is a more consistent player?

yes sasser vs logan johnson (elite level defender)
sasser vs mahoney (bad defender that weighs 160lbs)… also sasser had more assists,

i knew going in sasser would have trouble, said in the preview st marys only has 1 defender at the guard, but would have an advantage beyond him…that i was hoping for mark or shead to go off

And there’s the other guy that needs more consistency… Mark.

Imo Shead needs to keep playing at this level but finish around the paint better…

Sasser HAS to start hitting 3s at 40% clip…

JWALK HAS to take advantage of mismatches and shooting open 3s.

2 Likes

I also think the moment overwhelmed some of our young guys whereas Bama hada lot of big games in the PKI…

Their freshman played awesome.

Two players I expected more from, Walker and Sasser. I realize Jarace is a Freshmen but he’s been a little disappointing so far.

1 Like

i wrote a tl;dr basically sayin the same thing in the review thread…shead has to improve as a driveer with his floaters…at the very least not shoot as much floaters and go all the way to the paint and try to draw fouls (Fts)… i wish sasser was hitting more 3s too against these top defense… but also that the teams become scared of everyone else as much as they are off sasser, when teams really start fearing jwalk, mark and shead, then sasser wont need to hit off the dribble 3 vs elite defender but could sneak to some corners and catch some opens 3s (if defenses start focusing on others too)

3 Likes

Shead without question.

2 Likes

Sasser. Not even a debate.

1 Like

Shead’s job is to run the offense… I feel like he did that yesterday… Teammates, and himself, didn’t hit shots…

Sasser’s job is to get open, make plays and hit 3s… He wasn’ t even close to doing that yesterday…

It’s really not even close imo… Shead is way more consistent.

Defensively they’re both great.

Season didn’t start yesterday. Sasser has been more consistent overall. Also pretty clear the goggles were bothering him. Fortunate timing for Bama.

Maybe Sasser has been more consistent.

But who has lived up to my expectations more? Shead.

Sasser stats vs our best competition:

*3 of 9 from 3pt vs Oregon

*1 of 10 from 3pt vs Kent St

*0 of 4 from 3pt vs St Marys

*0 of 3 from 3pt vs Alabama. 2 of 11 overall

2 Likes

This is all you expected out of Shead?

Defense, steals, assists. And about 8pts per game.

Yes. Those were my expectations

Was hopeful his 3pt shooting would improve also. After a terrible start. Its looked better

1 Like

What?

Shead is killing it this year… As mentioned everytime they talk about him… His FG% needs to improve… That’s my only criticism.

Thank you… Not sure what he’s talking about…

His 3pt FG% is up… He’s not hitting that pull-up jumper…

Like I said above… Sasser seems to disappear in big games…

A little Hardenish…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

@WhoWeTalkinBout its all about peoples expectations. If you were expecting Sasser to play like an All American, then probably hasnt met the mark. And you side with Shead on the question

If you were expecting Sasser to just be our leading scorer, play great defense. Then hes done his job

I think the low 3pt % for Sasser is my main thing. Hes shooting close to 30% from 3pt thru 10 games

It has taken Shead a while to get back to the level he was in the tourney last year but he was there today. I think Sasser and Mark being back has made Shead a bit less himself and that showed in the St Mary’s game and some others.

Our three guards have all seemed off especially in trying to figure out how to play together. I think Shead just needs to play the way he did today and Marcus and Tramon need to figure out a way to work with Shead.

Yes Marcus is always going to draw the best defender, so we may just need to let him remove that defender from play and run our offense through the other four. Tramon hit some big shots today but he still has bad shot selections at times and is still learning how to drive and not hit the defender with his shoulder. If Roberts and Walker are both out there one of them has got to be able to shoot jumpers off of Shead’s drives.

If Sasser is to be an NBA player he can’t be taken out of all important games by one good college defender and unfortunately right now that keeps happening to him. So as of this point in this season, I’d take Shead.

5 Likes

Yep… Has to improve his 3s… Has to…

Good news is we’re this good while being very average from 3 so far this year…

Meanwhile, Cam Tyson leading the country with 5 per game… :rofl:

Look both guys are great defensively. Both guys have underwhelmed offensively. Sasser is coming off an injury and has already been banged up a couple times this year. Still his productions about where it should be. Shead turned in a good game today but prior to that had really struggled offensively so far this year. I was expecting him to take a significant jump up from last year but so far haven’t seen it. Maybe this is going to be the start of a good stretch for him though.

1 Like

That’s fair