Who is making the trip to Dallas?

I think the monsoon and Briles was the same game. The time before was the 1st week rumors started with Herman. Team came out flat and Smoo players danced all night.

The Herman game had this annoying fan yelling “put me in, Coach” all dang game. Oof

1 Like

I want to go just for the historical meaning of this game…likely the last time, in a long time, that we’ll be playing this once-storied (& infamous) SWC rival.

1 Like

Sure wish they’d announce the kick time already. Plan on being there. We’ve had it handed to us and we’ve had some great wins up there. This will be a shootout

thinking about it as it may be the last time UH plays football at SMU for some time and I used to live about a mile from SMU when working in dfw.

i recommend it to others, nice stadium and smu is a nice campus, one of my favorites and i’ve probably been to at least 25 nationwide.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/uhcougarfb/status/1584573324293988352?s=46&t=PezI2zZQjQgk6dSvQCBurQ

TV and time was announced. 6:00 NFL network

1 Like

30 min drive from Arlington. I will be there

Plan to.

Where do the Smoo students sit? I want to sit on the other side of the stadium. Last time I was right behind them and couldn’t see over their popped collars.

1 Like

They sit/stand in the south endzone on the grass. The band is in section 128 next to the endzone. Other students may be in 126-127.

UH fans should be in 117-125 and 218-228. Band may be in 219. At least that’s where TCU’s band was.

2 Likes

Does anyone have a recommendation on a Hotel that’s both close to the stadium and some restaurants? I may come in the night before the game.

Thanks! Okay I have been near the the students in 126. I’ll look for seats in UH sections then.

$179 The Beeman Hotel (can walk to campus)
6070 N US 75-Central Expy 1000, Dallas, TX 75206

$134 Crowne Plaza Dallas Downtown, an IHG Hotel
1015 Elm St, Dallas, TX 75202

$98 La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Dallas Uptown
4440 N US 75-Central Expy 1000, Dallas, TX 75206

$88 Quality Inn & Suites Dallas-Cityplace – can take DART up to Mockingbird Station
4150 N US 75-Central Expy 1000, Dallas, TX 75204

4 Likes

I’ll be there, along with my niece, who’s a UH alumna. Hoping the Astros take care of the Phillies early so there aren’t any scheduling conflicts.

1 Like

30 minute drive from Frisco, I will definitely be there.

6pm makes it hard to do a day tip for the game.

Eh. Depends on the person. I’m personally sort of a night owl, so I’d rather leave Dallas at ~10 than leave Houston at ~5:30

1 Like

Staying at the Springhill Suites Dallas Central Expressway. I checked with the hotel, they said they were close.

In 1990 we attended the game and it was on campus at their old,original Stadium…Ownby?

Capacity was probably 18,000 and there were empty seats.

Klingler and ‘Spoon made quick work of The Ponies.

Also attended SMU games at The Cotton Bowl and Texas Stadium.

2 Likes

I will be there! Need to find out if there a tailgate anywhere? The Blvd is awesome.

I was at that game as a member of the band. It was a fun trip.