Who is Tom Herman

So in the category of having to swallow your pride and do what one of your employers asks; GridIronNow.com is running a series on potential head coaching candidates for LSU, and you know who’s name is the hottest. So being their Houston guy they asked me to write a NON SPECULATIVE piece on the man. I see this as my homage to the HC while allowing LSU fans to get woody’s. lol. I ultimately think he stays, UNLESS we don’t get a P5 conference invite. Let me know what y’all think. Thanks

2 Likes

nothing wrong with a story about who the man is…that would be refreshing.
getting a bit in depth about the various influences, what he picked from whom,
more life stories like the tale about dinner with the stoops brothers that he could not afford etc…find some new nuggets, peel back a layer of two…
this would be great for all college football fans…what makes him tick?

1 Like

Great job, Jimmy. No problem with what you wrote.

I don’t think LSU is the fit he’s looking for at the moment. He isn’t a “house of cards” like Sumlin, looking to cash in before he’s found out. He knows he can wait for that perfect opportunity whether it be Texas, Ohio State, USC, or staying at UH. There are issues with LSU that would be difficult to deal with and, while I’m sure he can handle them, why risk it…especially for a school that may not keep their AD and just ran off their best (or no worse than 2nd best) head coach because they didn’t want to see him work his way out of the mess.

The expectation on that job is to win the national championship within 4-5 years and beat Saban regularly. That’s a tough sell for anyone that has choices.

1 Like

Get LSU all hot and bothered before he declines them. Such a tease…

2 Likes

A genius when it comes to college football coaching. Arguably, the best at his craft.

1 Like

If this is for LSU fans and boosters consumption then Tom Herman is mostly a figurehead who hangs around while our waterboy Lenny does the actual coaching and game planning. In fact, Lenny also fires the team up before the game and handles all the promotional stuff. Kind of like Good Will Hunting, Lenny is a true genius.

Tom Herman is an unrepentant savage and rumor is that he even pees with the toilet seat down. Lenny is a gentleman. They should just skip the middleman and hire Lenny. The brains behind the operation. They sure don’t want Tom.

1 Like

1 Like