Who received gun lobby money

I wouldn’t call myself a die hard Republican anymore but I’m definitely in the same boat. I think that boat has grown a lot over the last few years.

3 Likes

I am called a RINO. Right there with you guys.

1 Like

Same. That name doesn’t hurt my feelings though. I’m not loyal to a party or even ideology for that matter. I gave up all that a long time ago.

2 Likes

RT, yes, it’s growing. There is a growing disgust with some of the guys that will remain nameless so I don’t get suspended again.

But its growing.

2 Likes

Hell I am all for starting the Rino party. I suspect there is a ton of centrist Democrats that would join.

We can’t keep going with extremists holding serve. We just can’t.

If Teddy Roosevelt can start the Bull Moose party, maybe its time to start the Rino party.

2 Likes

We need a viable third party, agreed.

1 Like

A third party run is how got Trump and W elected. No bueno.

Already got third parties. They are unsuccessful in modern times accept as spoilers. The last time we had a real change in the parties was the Republican Party supplanting the Whigs over slavery.

Many organizations track campaign filings of from whom candidates received money. The group of us in these threads is not representative of the general public. We seem to vote in every election, read a newspaper (online or print), formulate opinions on issues.

Simple name recognition in a general election might be the largest determinant in victory. Most voters don’t know or care where campaigns get their money.

Johnny I just don’t see either party serving America anymore. They serve themselves.

There are lots of people in my party that are appalled by the people that if I named I would get suspended for the 4th time. I wonder if I can get suspended for not naming politicians, we will see.

But those politicians don’t speak for me and I absolutely don’t identify with them. But the problem is the other party as it stands right now has policies and platforms that I just can’t get behind.

1 Like

Coogjazz, historically you are correct. But these aren’t normal times and the parties have both moved away from serving the vast majority of Americans.

1 Like

And the gun lobby pales in comparison to several others.
I am not worried about the guns but I am worried about mentally unstable folks who elect to kill others

Butch do you think there are more unstable people today than 20 years ago?

As one posted earlier about denial

So I assume you’re in this camp

Well I think most everyone knew what a woman is…,

Not sure what camp you are talking about. I am not going to change your liberal thoughts and you dang sure aren’t going to change mine.
Go Cougars

1 Like

This is the dilemma many people may find themselves
facing. But I don’t see America having a real 3rd party
option anytime soon. Without Perot, 41,wins. Without 3rd party candidate in 2016, we most probably have a very different outcome and USSC.

So in my estimation it comes down to single issue
voting, and accepting the other things, or status quo.