Who thought we would be in the AAC Championship game?

No way, we all know Brad and the haters changed the season by booing. Please show them the respect they deserve, or else you suck

5 Likes

Unless something changes, that would be next season that we would have a huge season before going to the B12 in 2023. This season is just the opening act, next season we go undefeated.

Assuming we will still be in the ACC next year, I’m hoping we are scheduled to play Navy one more time. We (our season ticket group) enjoy a trip to DC for a family vacation, about 10 days of touring the area, plus seeing our football team playing a game.

2 Likes

So the sad thing is I had us going to the championship game but not deserving it. I had us losing to SMU but having the better record and getting destroyed by Cincy.
We deserve to be in the CCG and we’ll give them a good game

I predicted 14-0.

Guess I will have to settle for 13-1.

Damn !!:sunglasses:

7 Likes

From October 8, 2021:

4 Likes

After game 1, no way I thought we’d be where we are. After Tulsa, I started to come around to it may be a possibility. The truth of the matter is our schedule turned out even easier than I thought it would be, but that isn’t to diminish what the players have done. They really turned a corner this year.

4 Likes

I didn’t.

I am eating CROW… I knew we had a good team but did not think we would be here.

Happy for them

I’ve been an unapologetic Dana fan. But historically I’ve been ruthless with our coaches, especially MA. So I don’t care that some people lost faith in Dana. We have quite a history of coaching screw ups so losing faith early is easy to do. I understand it completely.

4 Likes

Very glad I stayed the course and stayed patient with Dana and the team. They’ve made tremendous strides this year.

2 Likes

Correct, if cincy wins out they get to host because it then switches to which team has the better overall record. If cincy loses one and we win against Memphis than we will host because we have the best conference record. Smu could make it if cincy losses out and smu wins out. And than we would host smu.

For those who are confused

have to agree with you Ben. That’s one of the best road games UH plays. Highly suggest UH fans go to Annapolis for game if you have a chance.

GO COOGS!!

1 Like

Lobster rolls! :yum:

One correction Sir. If Cincy wins out they would Host bc of the higher ranking by CFP Committee, not overall better record.

Coogs & Bearcats would both finish undefeated in Conf, which is only case where the record comes into play. After that in a tie – head/head , then ranking takes precedent.

1 Like

I’ll admit I didn’t. I didn’t think the defense would be as good as it’s been either. Keep Doug Belk! Make him HCIW!

2 Likes

After two solid years of “I don’t know what to call it” people were understandably skeptical. Then came the implosion against Tech. It is hard for some folks like myself to jump on the bandwagon so fast. But I will admit we have seen a very impressive turnaround this year. May it continue…

I was actually encouraged by the Tech loss until the final meaningless TD turned it into a blowout. I jumped on the bandwagon of metaphorically hanging Dana and Tune in effigy.

To say I’m pleasantly surprised is putting it lightly. Even with the easy schedule, I did not think the team had it in it to win more than 8 games. Even at 6-1, I knew SMU and would provide challenges. We were challenged by them but survived. I’m really impressed by the progress Tune has made, he has blossomed into something pretty special. The team really has talent all over the roster and it shows.

Here’s to a great finish and possibly a NY6 Bowl in our future.

1 Like

I did… My expectation is to win the AAC every year.

I did not expect us to be in the championship game.

Regardless of the schedule, a 9-1 record is amazing.

Think 11-1

1 Like