Wichita vs UH - 2023 AAC Baseball Tourney - UH Game 2 - (Thursday 8am Ctl)

UH w 5:30 ctl
wich

AAC w 6:30 ctl

1 Like

So looks like Adler and Miner are the only two that are burned today for the Shockers.

I would think Tolle would start but who knows.
They also have Snead, Cranz and Candiotti, so a combination of those four guys.

When it’s an elimination game you gotta do what you need to get the win….worry about the pitching for the next game afterwards.

I used to coach 17u and 18u with a guy for jeez, 15 years…we are still great friends today but man we went round and round several times.
We respected each other so much that neither of us ever wanted to play “I’m jefe” so it was always a co-managing thing.
Anyway, we always had talented teams and most weekends knew we would be semi’s at the least…you try and preserve your pitching as best you can without GETTING GREEDY.

He always wanted to pull guys as soon as we had a small lead to save them for “later”…after getting burned three or four times I finally said no more…I was tired of having our stud and co-studs of not getting to pitch because we didn’t get to that championship game, etc.

From then on we secured a win and then worried about tomorrow…9/10 the other team is just as screwed as you are anyway….

I would also never throw a kid over a certain amount of pitches regardless if he said he was good or not…winning a game was never worth contributing to future arm trouble for a kid.

Oh crap, I forgot what my initial point was?

Oh well, Go Coogs!

7 Likes

Cinn v ECU
2 -2 T3.

ECU w frosh Zach Root on the mound.
10 starts @ 5 era.

Can’t even call it “the friends & family” crowd today.
50 + in the stands.

Going back to Big East BB Tourney. Every year in Clearwater but 2 since 2006 and it’s never caught on.

Update:
Cinn w the Grand Salami.
6 to 5 Cinn B4.

The storm brewing in the outfield. Coming from Old Tampa Bay @ Tarpon River a few miles East. Usually vicious. Field could take awhile if it rains.

3 Likes

I think you will see Candiotti for them. He has pitched well against us. I don’t think you will see Tolle because we hit LH’s so well.

Rain delay in the Cincinnati vs ECU game.

it would be nice if the American website gave updates on the rain delay!

3 Likes

If today is a wash.
UH beats Wichita then plays again late ?

5pm ctl

No. I believe they would get a day off.

1 Like

The AAC website shows a 6:30 start., yikes they changed it to 47 minutes after the end of the first game.

Last time I checked ESPN+ (about 5 min ago), the ECU-Cincinatti game was still in a weather delay.

It looks like prolonged rain on radar.

Game postponed until tomorrow at 8 AM our time.

1 Like

Our game or the ECU -Cincy game?

Our game. They are going to try and finish the ECU game tonight.

1 Like

8am games suck….really suck.

1 Like

How the Hell do you even do that.

I think if you polled everyone involved from both teams, they would have much rather have played the game very late tonight. I don’t know anyone, other than the conference, that wants the game to happen at 9 AM tomorrow.

AAC site shows 9 pm est ?
More realistic.
Update:
Cinn v UCF.
Power issues. Lights off in outfield.

Always like reading what other youth coaches do in regards to pitchers.

I made a decision at the beginning of the spring season to go with our best pitchers first each Sunday and keep moving down the line, if we advanced.

6 tournaments, 3 championship games and 1 victory last Sunday.

Now I know 13u is different than 17/18, but it’s just cool to hear others strategies and makes me feel like I’m not off my rocker!!

2 Likes