With the 3rd Pick in the NBA Draft

I don’t even understand the Shawn Bradley comp. They’re both tall and skinny. And that’s about it.

It’s also 2022.

2 Likes

Read the SI story on Holmgren being the new hybrid player in the NBA, at 195 lbs, that guy will not last the season in the NBA. I watched the Final Four and watched him get knocked to the floor so many times, he will live on the floor in NBA.

Is he not going to gain any weight in the NBA?

2 Likes

The SI article showed him in the weight room, but he has a long way to go, somebody is going to take a chance on him, thinking he will get bigger, but Minute Bol never did. The kid could be a freak, but I don’t see it.

Bruce Pearl has a dog in the fight, Im sure he wants his guy to be drafted #1. Holmgren has a great skill set and huge upside.

2 Likes

If he were just a little bigger like KD, I could see it.

Teams will tire of his playing the perimeter on offense looking for his shot, on defense he can block shots but can he take the banging of the NBA bigs. They mad a big deal of him running the floor on a fast break, big deal, Hakeem ran the floor.

Manute Bol started his NBA career in 1985.

1 Like

Chet has a more complete game than Bradley at this point. From what I remember Philly reached more on Bradley than if some team takes Chet in the top 3. However, Bradley was considered to be very athletic for his size and had a chance to redefine the big man game IF he could put on some weight. I don’t think Chet will be a bust but, if I was picking in the Top 5, I am not sure I would take him.

I am not offended if someone doesn’t agree. I am not even a fan of today’s NBA. It is just one man’s opinion.

1 Like

The more i see people say he’ll be a bust the more I want to buy his stock

Paolo = gone !

I love that we got Smith… Red Nation!

3 Likes

Starting to get into range to pull the trigger on moving up. I’m eyeing Duren, Eason, or Davis.

I’d love to see Duren on the Rockets.

Sam Presti must have ultimate job security….

That could be the worse defensive front in the NBA. We would get eaten alive.

Offensively, it may be something.

1 Like

Yep. Two rebuilds in 5 seasons.

They have no choice. I doubt anyone else worth their salt would want the job. You cannot get FAs to go to OKC, so you have to draft. However, at some point, if you don’t win, guys will leave. See Harden, KD and West-brick.