Women’s Volleyball

Great win at UC. They now have wins against the 3 AAC teams ahead of them in the RPI’s.

2 Likes

Today’s dominating win over ECU completes he Coogs 1st half of the conference schedule (complete home and home rotation against the other 10 teams). I am impressed with this team.

The team played 6 of 10 on the road - and swept all 6. The one anomaly is that the Coogs lost at thome to Tulsa and SMU, both of whom have a worse conference record than the Coogs.

If I understand correctly the stretch drive to Selection Sunday (November 28th) will be the final 10 conference games. UH is currently second in conference, one game behind UCF who they beat in Orlando. Would seem to portend of some big matches coming up in Fertitta Center. Go Coogs

2 Likes

#63 Houston beats #56 Cincinnati then falls to #200 East Carolina. :confused:

No. I watched the match. UH won 3-0

I wish. The last UH sweep of ECU was in 2012. I’m not sure what you watched, but it wasn’t today’s match. Check uhcougars.com

Boxer is talking about soccer.

Hardcore, I believe, is talking about volleyball. Disappointing loss to ECU in VB.

I guess it was an all-ECU weekend.

I think my elder years are taking a toll. I watched this match and turned it off after the third set, because I was sure UH won 25-17 (to complete a 3-0 match win).
I must have transposed the score or something.

I still like your results better. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I guess it was me who misunderstood.

BTW, the ladies won in soccer–see other thread.

This team is good, but maybe it’s lacking some leadership. The loss to ECU is bad and inexplicable. I know it was on the road, but I don’t understand why we couldn’t finish them off after leading 2-0.

Hurt them in the RPI"s too. They stayed put at 63 while UC, also 1-1 this week, moved up 5 spots. Had they beat ECU, they might have leaped UC and made it into the 40’s. Ending up in the 40’s or better would increase the chances of an at-large bid instead of having to rely on an AAC tournament championship to get to the NCAA tournament.
First things first though. Got to beat Tulane again tonight.

1 Like

They beat Wichita State 3-2 on Friday for their 20th win. Congrats!

1 Like

They play Tulsa today, in Tulsa. Game starts very soon. 1 pm Central. Big game.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/uhcougarvb/status/1457448518336008194?s=21

another impressive road trip - Go Coogs

1 Like

A kid we’re recruiting just won CIL championship. Mom played at UH and dad was a track guy. May be the top kid in the country at her grade level

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailynews.com/2021/11/06/alemany-girls-volleyball-tops-oaks-christian-in-five-set-thriller-for-first-ever-cif-title/amp/

London Wijay

5 Likes

The Coogs thrashed ECU to begin this weekend with a dish served cold. (They now have beaten both Tulsa and ECU, two of the teams to whom they lost earlier in the season). I think that makes the Coogs 22-5, 12-3 in conference, solidly in second place and still tracking to maybe catch UCF. Team is fun to watch and hopefully they tuned up FC for the Men’s basketballers this evening.
From what I can piece together - the match Sunday afternoon, also at FC, versus the Carebats of Cincy - is a huge game. Starts at 1 pm - also on the + or -.

2 Likes

Got a chance to watch most of today’s match (11/14) and the Coogs we’re good, very good. 4 games left in the stretch run. After besting Cincy they hold the school record for most wins in a season.

5 Likes

After their win against Cinci, they have improved their chances of making it to the NCAA tournament.

3 Likes

RPI rank of 49, up 4 spots from last week. Six match win streak, four of them 3-0 sweeps. Keep it up ladies!

4 Likes