Yep
it was like a Big10 team letting a MAC team hang around late in the 4th
boom
upset.

3 Likes

It was like App State over Agy
 :rofl:

3 Likes

That was Argentina vs SA. I believe Argentina had Jimbo do a motivational speech prior to the game.

3 Likes
1 Like

Iran takes down Wales
yikes.

2 Likes

Although Wales is not that good of a team they should have won that game. I am waiting to see if team USA can pull of the upset later today. It would be Epic if they can. Like 1984 v Russia. England has a strong team and this US team is not one of the better ones when compared to years past.

Go team USA!

Someone on the pregame said we have never lost to England in a WC game
so there is that.

Beat them in the 50s and tied in 2002

2 Likes

The non-losing streak continues.

Let’s beat Iran and ADVANCE!!!

3 Likes

Win and we are through
a tie will not do it

1 Like

They did really well and had England on the ropes midway through the 2nd half. We had a chance to win for sure.

I thought England adjusted better in the second half. I worry about Iran. I’ve seen Berhalter’s concept translate into big wins before. Defeating Mexico in Las Vegas was an example. He can create an almost impenetrable defense when he wants. Its the scoring I worry about.

1 Like

I don’t know much, but i know i was shouting “shoot the ball”!!! Cross the ball! Team kept trying to set up a perfect look instead of taking the looks they got.

3 Likes

The way Berhalter talked after the game he was attempting a tie from the get-go. That said, I like Berhalter’s on-field scheme because it does so much defensively. In my eyes he’s the only US coach to successfully apply a scheme that can shut down the top countries. But its the attack that loosens things up. I hope we get a quick goal and he goes into lockdown. Its a young team but they are smart.

I hate that we always enter the WC with an Achilles Heel. That’s US soccer.

1 Like

Need them to watch that messi goal, the amount of times USA had that “top of the box” shot. or top of the key, whatever its called in soccer

I think they will draw on Tuesday.

But, hey they can say going into 2026, “Undefeated in Qatar”.

Mexico crumbled under pressure, that loss sucked.

2 Likes

I think messi is just that damn good

2 Likes

He can make something out of nothing.

1 Like

This is the money bet.

We don’t have any guys that can really strike it. But I agree we need to let it rip more against Iran and put it on frame. Even if the keeper is in good position you might get lucky with a deflection goal, rebound goal, or a corner (not like we can convert one anyway, lol). I did like the counter attacks against England. Those alone against Iran should lead to a goal or two.

2 Likes