WV Huggins is an idiot

Geez……the best thing going for all college sports and Huggy wants to go all elite on us. Close the BB NCAA tournament to only major conferences?? Can’t wait to kick his as* in the B12.

5 Likes

Saw it and had the same reaction. If we took out the little guys, WVU would only have two NCAAT wins in the last 10 years.

4 Likes

Yes, let’s take the greatest sporting event on earth and change it

10 Likes

Is thAt true?! Hilarious!! The Cinderella runs are one the best things in the tournament. Also seeing Duke get upset.

4 Likes

Lol

CBS ain’t giving up 30 days of high drama and $ for a glorified B10/SEC tourney.

That said the greed demon is the most powerful force in the world.

Just stupid.

4 Likes

They should worry about their teeth instead.

3 Likes

Just dumb. Gonzaga, Memphis and others will continue to be big time programs in the future

I doubt Ol Huggy came up with that himself.
But yeah… Really dumb.

2 Likes

And I used to like Huggy (or at least feel solidarity with a fellow cantankerous old fart).

So much for that

1 Like

This is crazy! There is so much about the NCAA tourney that makes it infinitely better than the college football playoff, the biggest of which is that everyone gets a chance. Seeing massive 15 v 2, 14 v 3 upsets every year is like Christmas for me. Huggy is a gigantic moron if he thinks the viewing public would want to make this change.

4 Likes

Basically, what he’s saying is CBS is getting rich watching us lose to small schools. We should close the tournament to us only and keep yhe money for ourselves.

The problem is the people want to see the small schools.

The old rich need to get richer at the expense of the needy strategy.

2 Likes

Really stupid on Huggy’s part.

I am glad to see these responses because I had the same reaction. I thought maybe I was in the minority but seems like Huggy is the fringe element on this.

Huggins is wrong bc the ncaa tourney is mega big the way it is from a money standpoint. It’s just his opinion which doesn’t matter.

Good to see Huggy Bear hasn’t missed any happy hours.

Moonshine is a hell of a drug.

1 Like

Basically what he is saying is the NCAA doesn’t control the FB side of things and thus the schools get more money.

While on the BB side of things, the NCAA tournament ( as great as it is) completely funds the NCAA organization. I guess he is saying that the bigger schools would make more money if the NCAA didn’t get its’ cut !!

Actually, I have no idea how the money between FB and BB compares at the larger schools.

More like, let’s take the greatest sporting event on earth and ruin it.

7 Likes

3 Likes