Yormark says UH will get…

18 million for this year. A partial share.

4 Likes

Better than the $300K CUSA used to get us
We’ve come a long way gentlemen

35 Likes

Yep, we knew the deal when we signed on and jumped for it.

7 Likes

Yormark has done an excellent job

24 Likes

Hopefully this takes some pressure off the athletic department. This new age of college football (nil Crap) still stinks though.

12 Likes

Next year we could jump to the $47 mil range.

11 Likes

So our second year, we get 18 mil which is 58% of current contract…is it 3 or 4 years before 100%? I thought it was 3 but it must be 4…

Take our hits now. In 2025, UH is expected to get full shares. The B12 media deal runs through 2030-31. That gives UH time to catch up with the competition. When the next round of realignment occurs, I want UH to be competitive in terms of facilities, athletic performance and fan support.

3 Likes

We get a full share the third year, and that share could be in the 60-70 million dollar range. The new CFP contract is twice as much as the present one.

5 Likes

How much do OU and UT have to pay in exit fees ?

2 Likes

Two of those three are doable; one is a generational stigma that nobody has
an answer for.

Mike,
Does it take something like $28 million a year for Football alone, or is that amount for all UH Athletics ?
Go Coogs !

1 Like

oops, that was for wrong season. Here’s the latest I can find:

UH’s operating budget was $81.5 million in 2022-23, which ranked last among teams in the Power Four conferences, according to the data tracking website Sportico. The average budget for the Big 12’s 10 public schools — minus Texas and Oklahoma, which join the SEC on July 1 — is roughly $95 million. UH is well behind Big 12 charter members Texas Tech ($136.3 million), Kansas ($124.2 million), Oklahoma State ($121 million) and Iowa State ($115.5 million).

Whatever we spent on the head baseball and women’s basketball coaches was way too much.

3 Likes

I don’t think it matters for us. As I understand it, the noobs don’t get any of that exit money. :thinking:

3 Likes

We have gotten by on so little for so long, it will be easy to take 18-19 mil for first 2 years and get full share by the third year.

12 Likes

It will be our 4th season before we receive our our first full share allotment.

Mike,
Very informative post!
Glenn

1 Like

So, basically we will be operating at a loss after this new "schools must pay players " ruling?

Wasn’t that estimated to be $20 million, per Power 4 school?

Was Duarte wrong? In Duarte’s tweet he mentioned partial shares this year and next year (2024-2025) and full shares for 2025-2026 (which would be our 3rd year).

I recall it would be the 3rd year we get full share. The new 4 corners schools will start with full shares, part of the deal to get them to the B12

2 Likes