Yurachek has reportedly met with Pac 12 commissioner

Chronicle’s subscription story:

UH widens Power 5 pursuit by talking to Pac-12

Google Search Link - Click the top link

“I have the upmost respect for Commissioner Scott and used my time with him to pick his brain on a myriad of topics related to the future of college athletics,” Yurachek, UH’s vice president for intercollegiate athletics, said in a statement released to the Chronicle.

I believe the KEY to all this will be UT … AND … if expansion will come about it will be because …

They cannot take the risk of not just losing UH to some other P5 but having TOO MANY TOP CHEFS IN THE KITCHEN …

recruitment-wise and TV-market-wise in the SE section of Texas … permanently …

The question is do other conferences want UH? If so who and why? If the answer is no then UT has zero reason to move on UH.

Uhhh … no le hace …

Yurachek is getting his foot in the door and not afraid to do his “sales pitch” (even though no one wants to call it what it really is) of letting them know UH is ready and available.

And if a sports writer in the NE picked up on this … I am certain the biggies at the B1G ACC and SEC did also.

1 Like

Houston played good football last year. Are they a hot commodity, doubt it because I do not think there is any expansion on the horizon. If you believe UH is a hot commodity, the door is open … something about knock, seek and find. The way this board talks about how good UH is, you would think the P5’s would falling over each other trying to be first in line.

Everyone should definitely go vote. Right now we are getting murdered.

Just voted; we are at 40% to 60% against with around 560 votes total.