10 greatest Houston born in the area players (Andrew Luck retires)

Wow. He was very talented but injuries ruined his career. I believe he could be a good coach as well.

1 Like

Shhhh, Bradā€¦He went to our High School, letā€™s not tell the secret (lol)ā€¦j/k Brad!

Luck have an Architectural Degreeā€¦Come help us create more exciting Buildings in the US, if you choose that route. But coaching would be great if you go in that direction! Either way, hate to hear a great young man retiring from the NFL!

1 Like

This is no surprise. The same idiots G.Mā€™s. and H.Cā€™s keep missing at adequately protect their QBā€™s. The Patriots are the exception to the norm.
Remember why the Redskins best OL player is holding out or wants a trade because he is unhappy with their Orthopedic Doctor? That sums up the NFL. It should be renamed the Good Old Boy Network.
By the way, Andrew Luck was born in Washington D.C. not Houston.

2 Likes

Uhhh David Klingler ā€¦ Craig James ā€¦ and Andrew Luck ā€¦ ALL went to the same HS in west Houston ā€¦ but at different times ā€¦

Only Craig won the state championship at that HS ā€¦

Uhhh ā€¦ think of Shakespeareā€™s home town ā€¦

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1165466610611740672

https://twitter.com/lindsay_rhodes/status/1165455343855362048?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1165455343855362048&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.battleredblog.com%2F2019%2F8%2F24%2F20831487%2Fhouston-texans-final-score-post-game-recap-arlington-cowboys-34-texans-never-mind

1 Like

Youā€™re jokingā€¦

2 Likes

Dang, that was cold-blooded. I know I am really passionate for my University and team, Iā€™ll admit that Iā€™ve booā€™d the heck out our
(CMA cough) coachess, but I donā€™t think I would boo a man for making any decision in his career. Wild!

2 Likes

Not sticking up for the fans booing but the timing of the announcement was bizzare. Luck was still on the sidelines during the game in Indy when Adam Schefter broke the news. The fans may have thought it was Luckā€™s decision to break the news during the game but it sure didnā€™t seem like it was. Luck mentioned he didnā€™t want to announce it until Sunday. Schefter is usually the gold standard for NFL news but the timing of his announcement was in bad taste. Maybe there were other reasons for doing it this way that Iā€™m unaware of though.

3 Likes

Luck could of just went through the motions,stayed hurt on the roster & collected his $.
Instead, he will owe the Colts.

1 Like

Indy fans definitely suck for thatā€¦Luck is not the first and wonā€™t be the last to retire early. No one wants to hear this, but football is dieing. Itā€™s just not a safe sport to play and you can see the numbers of kids playing the sport radically decrease. Iā€™d say Luck is pretty smart to get out relatively healthy with $50 mill in the bank and Stanford degree.

4 Likes

Real Sports had a good piece on it. It has really been a boom for my real love, baseball. There is some outstanding youth talent in our area. The caliber of athletes staying in baseball has gone through the roof.

2 Likes

Ironically, I read an article last week about diminishing numbers of people taking up the game. While I was not surprised to read about safety concerns but was a little surprised by the other factor, cost (I guess Iā€™m ill informed on this stuff). Many folks canā€™t afford the equipmentā€¦

2 Likes

I sure hope some of that new talent ends up on our field and a CWSšŸ˜Ž

I was thinking the same thing when I heard about his retirement. Dude should play another game or two if he is healthy enough and if the pain gets worse then just retire at the end of the season. I donā€™t know what his salary is but now he will probably lose a couple dozens millions! For a guy that is known as a cerebral QB and a Stanford grad he sure is stupid!

1 Like

Depends, if heā€™s already exceedingly rich and well invested. Then being able to have and exercise the ā€œF youā€ option is worth any forgone earnings.

Big Ed ? Needs to earn with a great NFL career ? Beat ou !!

1 Like

Giants safety Michael (Nimitz) ā€œThomas and Luck were high school rivals in Houston, then became teammates and captains and brothers, really, at Stanford, where together they helped Jim Harbaugh turn the program from a laughingstock to a powerhouseā€

ddkately,

Thatā€™s not entirely true.

Stanford doesnā€™t have an accredited architecture school. See here.

Luckā€™s degree is in ā€œarchitectural designā€ not architecture.

Itā€™s not a true architecture degree.

For Luck to work as a registered architect in the USA, heā€™d have to get a Masterā€™s degree from an accredited architecture school somewhere (like UH!!!).

Trust me. My wife is an Ivy League educated architect (M.Arch from University of Pennsylvania).

Stanford is a great schoolā€¦but itā€™s NOT an architecture school.

2 Likes

I understand what you are saying about Luckā€™s degree, but do you really think he is going to sit at a computer screen designing buildings? I doubt it.

Andrew Luck can probably get any job that he wants.

1 Like