10 greatest Houston born in the area players (Andrew Luck retires)

Except that he COULDN’T get a job as a registered architect if he wanted one.

He’ll have the get some other kind of job.

3 Likes

If he wants to go in the field of his degree, he’ll probably buy an architectural firm. Houston would be a great city for his company.

2 Likes

I know what you say is true. UH have the accredited Architecture Degree, which I am proud to have. FYI, Texas A & M is same as Stanford and not accredited.

Didn’t know Stanford wasn’t accredited. Never researched it.

Ya know, you’re RIGHT!!!

aTm SUX!!!

:wink:

:yum:

1 Like

Ron,

Point taken!

With his millions, he could undoubtedly buy whatever he wants. He probably doesn’t have to work, and can probably do whatever he wants.

Must be nice!

2 Likes

Wasn’t he an Avon salesman from Stratford? I don’t think he played football.

1 Like

Texas A&M’s is accredited:

http://canberraaccord.org/Accredited%20NAAB%20Programs%20102413.pdf

Red80,

aTm’s architecture school is only accredited at the MASTER’S (M.Arch) level.

For undergraduate architecture, an aTm degree is still unaccredited, futile, and sucky.

1 Like

Guess they just achieved that. When I was at UH and after, they had the 4 year + 2 year Master.

Edited: After viewing the link, Law is right, Undergrad still not accredited.

Why would you want to get an architecture degree from A&M? To design Pet Hospitals?

1 Like

God only knows why someone would study for an undergrad degree at aTm’s architecture school. Maybe you do that if you’re completely out of options.

I checked out their website, and noticed that aTm’s architecture school offers a handful of Bachelor’s degrees in quasi-architectural fields like “Landscape Architecture,” “Urban Design,” and “Environmental Design,” but NOT a true five-year Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) degree. Only THAT degree will qualify you for licensure (registration) as a professional architect in the USA.

https://www.arch.tamu.edu/undergraduate/majors/index.html

In other words…as I said…a Bachelor’s degree from aTm’s architecture school is unaccredited, futile, and SUCKY!!!

I suppose you could be OK with a M.Arch degree from that school. At least it’s accredited, and could lead to registration, but even then, I wouldn’t recommend it over UH.

At my wife’s architecture firm (PBK), you pretty much never see any Aggies on her production team, but you see LOTS of Coogs. Hell, even Prairie View has more architects there than aTm, though you sometimes see Aggies hired in non-architecture positions (management, marketing, HR, engineering, etc).

1 Like

Law, when I was at UH, PV had the Top Arch school in the State. From that link that Red posted, I see they don’t have the 5 year B.ARCH. like the once did (perhaps Accreditation lost). We had some guy from aTm that gave a presentation to us at UH, trying to convince us that aTm Masters program was great even though they didn’t have the Bachelor’s and he referred to Texas A & M as “Houston’s Suburb of the North”…sales pitch never worked on me and others. By the way, is that legal for another school to give a presentation about another State school’s Degree Program at the other State School??!

dd,

I’m guessing that any graduate school COULD, in theory, recruit undergrads at UH, PROVIDED the host institution is OK with it, but I’d have to look up the law there.

Not really my field!

1 Like
1 Like