12/10/2018-12/16/2018 Games of Interest

I feel like Memphis is an AAU rec ball team. They’ll win games where they dominate in athleticism at every position and get dominated when any team with a decent coach has good athletes as well.

2 Likes

Like when Dickey was coaching here?

1 Like

Closer to Drexler but Penny inherited better talent to start with.

1 Like

Penny did want Larry Brown to be his assistant. Idea was that Penny would be a figurehead to do the recruiting while Brown did the coaching. Brown ended up turning him down.

Penny’s out of his league right now. Should be fun to watch when the Memphis fanbase finally realizes that.

4 Likes

SMU about to knock off the Hoyas at their place. Another nice win for the conference.

6 Likes

Very nice win for AAC. Another questionable HC hire

1 Like

First win for SMU on the road and Georgetown was ranked 64th. Will be interesting in mid-December how much movement that causes for both teams. Hopefully SMU has a much more respectable ranking by the time conference play begins.

2 Likes

No,…don’t you say it…(Clyde Drexler)…now I said it!

1 Like

Up next, last 17 minutes of South Florida.

They can sell the little penny dolls…

Would have made more sense to keep Tubby and hire Penny as recruiting coordinator and top assistant to learn under Tubby. Don’t blame Brown from turning it down. If it results in Memphis being a top 100 program but a middle of the road AAC school, no skin off my nose.

1 Like

Temple and Davidson (8-1) going to overtime.

Tied at 75 with about 10 secs left in overtime, Quinten Rose steals a pass and dunks it for the lead. 3 seconds left Davidson gets the ball in and as their shooter pulls up for a 3 Rose strips the ball for the win.
Shizz had a great game too.
Temple has 3 really good guards.

Fantastic win temple. With SMU beating Georgetown, AAC is legit

4 Likes

81st ranked Temple holds off 78th ranked Davidson for another quality win for the AAC today.

4 Likes

Was a gutsy strip to keep Davidson from getting off the final shot on time.

2 Likes

Now Wichita State vs USM for the battle to remain in the top half of the rankings. haha

1 Like

Now i just gotta figure out what to do waiting for the Cinci/MissSt game.

Edit: jimmy just read your post, cant really force myself to watch old conf USA teams. Still cringing that we were even in that conference.

Watching the second half of USM Wichita State will kill an hour for you.

Then it really would make you cringe knowing that I’m pretty sure USM was .500 against us in football and basketball our final years in CUSA. They were hardly a lower quality team. They were just in a bad location to get the conference upgrade.

Plus, never rule Wichita State out as a contender for a conference title this year just because of a slow start.

1 Like

Wow. Another crazy finish. The AAC 4-1 so far today.

2 Likes