1st time in a long time

Exactly what he did vs Navy. The clock was turning, Navy was scoring, and our line was collapsing.

3 Likes

piland had broken a few passing records his freshman year
most blamed him not winning on just being thrown out there with no prep as a 4th string true freshman
the majority of our fans were excited about him
(his stats were very good despite not winning as a freshman 
5tds vs memphis{on 90% completion}, 4tds vs ucf and usm)

it wasnt till he started losing as a soph with worse stats did our fanbase turn on him, but okorn had committed by then and we had gotten excited about that

i dont know about you specifically but its revisionist history if you are saying our fanbase wasnt excited about him going into his sophomore year after the 13-1 season, his freshman stats with no prep, and a year to red-shirt since to improve further 
piland had drastically, not even in the same stratosphere, more belief than tune

I’m looking forward to the roster being coached up. I think Tune played ok last year, and I’m looking forward to watching him grow as he is the future and has the physical tools. I’m very excited about Massoud. I hope he redshirts.

1 Like

There is a chance I was not entirely fair to him since I was on Team Broadway.

1 Like

I don’t think Tune was the issue last year
he was always having to play from behind because our defense was subpar
he also did a lot with a little sine oline was poor and skills players weaker.
I think he will get a lot more help next season 
we gonna be fine

3 Likes

Tune will have a breakout year without all the distractions

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this. I’m not familiar with how Breakshot works. Did you compile the highlights?

2 Likes

No sir. Not me. It was on Twitter, but I think they have an actual YouTube page of a handful of players’ highlights.

Your use of “Coug’s” in your post and your name has me a little uneasy
:upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Tune will be good and will likely be the least of our worries.

We better come up with a defense or we’re gonna get our asses pushed in an unbecoming way.

I’ll add 118 out of 130 in total defense sux beyond comprehension. That number better be < 50 this year or we are gonna have an unmitigated sh!t show on our hands.

Another 2 years of this crap and we’re right back to the 90’s.

2 Likes

I’m in the camp of not caring how CDH acts toward the media. That said, he may be a little more personable next season if he isn’t answering the same questions after every game.

6 Likes

Get us an offensive line. I think we have some bodies and talent but need to fill some holes and develop depth. Any news on commits (HS or JC) and transfers?

1 Like

As long as he wins I want him to do as many things as possible that will make top-tier programs not want to hire him.

1 Like

I don’t get it. :nerd_face:

Yeah, the Coogs play the Cougs in Washington this season.

As for Piland, had he not suffered from the concussions, I think he could have been good for us. However, we would probably not have had a chance to get Ward at QB if Piland had done well. So, in the long run we benefited.

2 Likes

Man, that was a Civil War wasn’t it. Thought DP was better passer but TB was stud as well. TB looked like a LB at QB but iirc he was about 6’-3" ? Did he play any AFL or pro ball after ULL ? Don’t recall seeing him in pros

1 Like

If you don’t get it your not a Coogfan, but an imposter troll. Eat em up!

JUST COOG IT!

All is not lost. It’s not like the Germans have bombed Pearl Harbor. We’ll be fine.

2 Likes

I’m a Houston Cougar fan, graduated in 1977 and participated in message boards since then. I guess I’m not a Cougfan since I don’t get the inside joke.

1 Like

lol no one spells it like “coug” thats what wazzu does
 Houston fans spell it “coog”
not really a big deal tho

2 Likes