2017 Hawaii Bowl: Houston vs Fresno State Gameday Thread (L 33-27)

https://twitter.com/uhcougarfb/status/945114853739397121

2 Likes

Did our band make the trip?

No.

Well the offense looks exactly the same with Applewhite calling plays as it did with Johnson.

The OL seems to be blocking the same as well

Classic coogs game

1 Like

Minus the fleaflicket and Ed in the backfield, play calling looks like business as usual.

1 Like

All of a sudden we forget how to play defense?

Well that’s a shame.

I’ve always hated this bowl game. Pretty much no fans will go to the game. Just seems like a waste.

I really hope our offense can do something, it’s looking bleak aside from the trick play.

Fresno has discovered our secret weapon. Soft zone coverage.

2 Likes

Lets give throwing outside the numbers to loosen up the middle a part in the game.
Its been our bread and butter for decades.

7-0 Coogs after the 1st

The offense wasn’t going to change guys. They’re not gonna learn new offense in 1 week. The run needs to change that freshman needs to compete with duke

2 Likes

They don’t have to learn a new offense. They just need to call the right plays. Our existing offense has plenty of plays, we just only use the same 3 over and over again.

Mullah Car can get it done, much better than Catalon

I have tried to figure out for years why there’s a bowl game in Hawai’i. Unless the rainbows are in it very few people go.

Maybe they do it for the military stationed there.

Welp
tied up.

Game is feeling very similar to last year’s Vegas Bowl so far.

3 Likes

You just can beat the the QB sneak from under center when you really need a yard or less.

I dunno the side view replay really looked like he didnt make it in.

5 Likes

Interesting take. The defense forces a turnover and 3 punts on the first 4 drives. The offense gains 14 yards or less on 4 of it’s first five possessions and it’s the defense that forgot how to play.

1 Like