2018 Media Guide out

Looks like they just posted the new media guide:

1 Like

“After three years of competition, the 2018 senior class is the 24th-most winningest class in Houston football history with 29 wins since starting in 2015. The class is only five wins away from moving into the top 10 and nine wins away from the record of 38 established by the 2016 senior class.“

“Since 2013, Houston leads the state of Texas among FBS schools with 45 wins. The Cougars are one win ahead of TCU, five ahead of Baylor and Texas A&M, and 14 games ahead of Texas in that span.

Houston and TCU are tied for the lead among state of Texas FBS schools with nine seasons of at least eight wins since 2006. Texas, Texas A&M and Texas Tech are tied for third with seven each in that span.

Houston and UCF enter the 2018 season tied for the lead for most wins in The American since the conference’s incep- tion in 2013. The two have 28 wins each, with both teams claiming an additional win in an American Championship. Memphis is third with 25 wins, while USF and Temple are tied for fourth with 24 wins.”

2 Likes

“In King’s four starts, Houston averaged 1.4 more yards per play than the previous eight games while also averaging 18.4 more yards passing per game despite averaging 20 less plays per game.“

“In his four games as starting quarterback, King averaged 337.8 yards of total offense per game, a number that would have ranked second in The American behind the league’s offensive player of the year, McKenzie Milton, and seventh nationally.”

“Houston defense is one of just eight nationally to hold opponents to an average of under 25 points scoring per game in each of the last five seasons. Taking it down a point further, UH is one of just six schools to hold its opponents under 24 points per game in each of the last five seasons, joining Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Stanford and Wisconsin in accomplishing the feat.”

“The defense started 2017 right where it ended in 2016, as it ranked second in The American in scoring defense, allowing 23.8 points per game. Houston defense accomplished the feat
despite facing five of the nation’s top 23 scoring offenses in its 12 games - No. 2 Memphis, No.
5 Arizona, No. 10 USF, No. 12 SMU and No. 23 Texas Tech. Houston held four of the five top-23 scoring offenses its faced to well below their average in No. 5 Arizona (Avg. 41.3 points per game | 16 vs. Houston), No. 10 USF (38.3/game | 24 vs. Houston), No. 12 SMU (37.8/game | 22 vs. Houston) and No. 23 Texas Tech (34.3/game | 27 vs. Houston).”

6 Likes

I will guess that Navy has the best winning % in AAC play.

I could be wrong, but isn’t it true that UH was the last team from Texas to win a NY6 bowl game (Houston over FSU in the 2015 Peach Bowl)? The two other teams from Texas that have played in NY6 bowl games were Baylor (lost 2015 Cotton Bowl) and TCU (won 2014 Peach Bowl). Although that stat may seem trivial to some, I think it should be in the Media Guide and in our recruiting literature.

Go Coogs. Peace.

4 Likes

You are correct. No Texas team has been in a NY6 bowl since Houston and Baylor made it in 2015.

And Baylor lost to UCF if I remember correctly.

Two games that worries me the most are Navy at home and Tulsa. Tulsa plays us tough. if we somehow get by these two then we have a clear shot at Fiesta.

Really really tough but doable

Our S&C staff is doing a great job. Not only are our guys gaining good weight, they’ve all also grown an inch or two over the off-season. :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

I thought I was the only one. Tre’von Bradley came in at 5-11 and is now 6-1! haha

1 Like