2018 recruit offers

Reminds me a lot of Postma but has stronger arm. He punted a couple times too. He may be faster than Postma but doesn’t seem to have the 0-60 quickness of King and Smith. Still, his high school did run some read option, he can throw accurately on the move and isn’t afraid to tuck and run. If he signs with UH, I got no complaints.

A lot have predicted him to Houston it would be interesting to see but what’s the use if we’ve kind of committed to a dual threat type of QB.

Tune is a tweener. ESPN lists him as a DT, speed-wise they say 4.75 which is more in line with Pro. He can leap with a vertical of 35. Not much use for a QB, but most good leapers have good athleticism in general.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/tazhawnhenry/status/944006787002400768

Supposedly, he really wants to come to Houston. Question is whether the coaches will want him as we have a glut of RBs right now.

I saw him listed as a WR some where? Or maybe I was dreaming that. And can too many RBs be a bad thing? Maybe it’ll kick Catalons butt into shape. Plus we saw a huge amount of RB injuries and if the OL doesn’t shape up that may not change next season.

I don’t have anything against him personally but I think it’s fair to say he’s overrated as a 4 Star. That of course isn’t his fault, but it makes sense as he was first committed to Texas.

He obviously has a ton of offers so how much does U of H means to him? He decides to come? I am sure we will welcome him with open arms. We need the most competition at every position. I keep writing about it over and over but we lack depth/size on our OL. This has been a problem for many years. We ought to do a much better job recruiting nationwide. Our OL has been mediocre to bad for how many years now? It is great to speak about the offense or RB but how effective is the OL blocking for that run(s)? What is going to take to solve this?

1 Like

Top end line talent totally finds its way to the biggest schools. Both offense and defense, everyone else has to develop talent. Which was a reason Scelfo head been a disappointment to me. The lack of improvement on the offensive line was noticeable. I understand we can’t Coach the guys arms longer and there is a maximum amount of strength and won’t we can put on them. But through a season we should see improvement in technical aspects, and discipline that translates to improved play.

You’re blind if you don’t see the improvement.

We seem to do well with grabbing JUCOs and get a few solid high school guys from time to time. The staff did a good job grabbing guys this year, but it takes 2-3 years for those guys to develop most of the time which means we probably won’t see them too much except for the JUCO guy (Alexander).

Again, it comes down to the system and putting these guys in position to succeed. We haven’t run the ball well for two years with basically the same personnel during that time. At some point, the coaches have to realize that and change the offense to account for their weaknesses. Continuing to run the ball between the guards is a losing battle as those guys just aren’t good enough to be effective in that type of offense.

OL was better this year than last. At least in their pass blocking. Still very much left to accomplish in OL performance though.

1 Like

We have a lot of RBs on the roster, but next year it’s Catalon, Car, and Mitchell unless Walker is so good we can’t red shirt him. One more guy who can play in a year or two won’t be a bad thing.

https://247sports.com/college/notre-dame/Article/Latest-on-Notre-Dame-WR-prospect-Lawrence-Keys-113473624
The 5-foot-10, 160-pound senior from McDonogh 35 took an unofficial visit to Houston on Oct. 7 and has an official visit available to him. We can expect he will take that visit before making his final decision on National Signing Day (Feb. 8).

All things considered, if this recruitment comes down to only Notre Dame and Houston, and the Irish have room for Keys, it would be a considerable surprise if he chose the Cougars.

This is surprising and also i would love for this ND writer to lose to us hard! He’s also taking official to Fauxstin

The sad part is that our running game has not only been on mute but we can’t even run against most of the teams in our conference and most of whom we out recruit…

2 Likes

Guess Notre Dame didn’t learn from Deontay Greenberry

1 Like

This is the truly sad thing, especially when it’s mostly technique related and not talent related. The worst part watching the replays of games is how many missed blocks there are as guys are just not picking up rushers or guys trying to go to the 2nd level while 1st level rushers are running by them with no resistance. There were too many busted running plays where you have OL not blocking anyone and the RB getting tackled behind the LOS.

Hoping that Briles and Clements can fix that.

4 Likes

Its being reported (GoCoogs) Bryson is transferring to UH from TCU.

Also a really good baseball player. (LSU, etc offers)

Had some kind of surgery and redshirted his frosh year.

3 Likes

Another one coming home.

3 Likes

He has something going on with his leg.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1151725856051605504

How much does needlework like that cost anyway? Just curious.