2019-20 Starting 5 and Rotation

Short responses please Progs! :rofl:

Your starting line up looks ok, only thing that worries me is that it only has one knock down shooter. Opponents would just play zone on us; especially when were not playing an inferior opponent where we can just drive in at will and still score.

Plus, if you seen one of CKS’s interviews when he glowed about the 2019 recruiting class, on how many options of shooters he will have at his disposal on next year’s team. Two things I’ve notice coach Sampson loves, a stretch 4 and a couple guards who can shoot and get hot from the outside in his starting line up. He has that D’Antoni sprinkle to his offense. And I think that’s a philosophy he believes in. Just my opinion on what I have observed closely.

1 Like

Lol. SoWwY :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Agree w lot of what you say. One thing he won’t get away from if at all possible is having good defensive team. That’s why I have Hinton in there. Have no idea if Mills has defense skills, most big scorers out of H.S are lacking in that area. Good discussion we’ll see how it plays out. I’m going to write down your starting 5 , so I can meet up w ya in FC lobby at first game so you can buy me my beer.

2 Likes

Sounds good up until buying u a beer :sunglasses:

Jk lol u got it.

1 Like

Still digging to find your actual starting 5. You change .:man_shrugging::smiley:

I really like Hinton as next year’s 6th man. He’s so versatile and can provide some experience to the 2nd unit.

1 Like

The only person I feel will be close to a 100% starter is Armoni. Probably Jarreau but I can see a scenario where we still like the change of pace he brings coming off the bench if we have another feasible option to start at PG. Outside of that a lot of guys will have a shot I think depending on how they progress over the summer/how quickly the freshman adapt/who else we pick up in the transfer market who can play next year.

But assuming we don’t have any immediately eligible transfers, my guess is Jarreau, Brooks, Hinton, White and Gresham start and that Mills and Gorham get the most minutes off the bench.

3 Likes

Fabian White will start !

1 Like

Only way I see him starting is as a 6’7 Center. CKS loves to play a stretch 4, that’s why CKS was adamant on starting Alley even when he was struggling from the 3 line at the 4 spot when Fabian was recovering from an injury. Pollard & Devin where more of the mold of Gorham.

Mills will have to beat out Hinton or else he becomes our 6th. man.

Gorham will be our 7th. man unless he can beat out Gresham.

I happen to think that Gresham has a lot of upside and will surprise people next season.

1 Like

Justin will not be competing with Brison. Different players/positions.

2 Likes

White will start at the 4 spot…book it.

3 Likes

Alley struggled shooting 3’s all season.

I do think Fabian will stretch his range this off season, because his improvement from last year to this year was considerable. He was very good 2 feet inside the 3pt line and should be able to extend 3 more feet. I think the competition will fuel that improvement.

1 Like

He better improve and get better I’m still not sold on his offensive moves with the ball

1 Like

Maybe. Gresham is listed at 6-8, 225 and Gorham 6-7, 225. Fabian 6-7, 230 and he hasn’t had a full off season of college S&C (and Gorham previously didn’t have an offseason with Coach Bishop before coming here). Gresham is obviously more athletic than Fabian and I’ve just seen bits and pieces of highlights of Gorham. But it’s not crazy to see Fabian and Gorham possibly starting, or one of those guys and Alley for that matter if he substantially improves his shooting over the offseason.

Actually they are all competing with each other for playing time.
How well Gorham and White can handle the paint will determine how much Gresham and Harris will be playing

If our starting lineup doesn’t include both Fabian and Gorham, they will have significant minutes on the floor at the same time

2 Likes

I think that’s very likely.