2019 New student ticket policy

That makes no sense. U of H has the chance to gain a fan base from its other “in town” campuses. I do not believe that the downtown and Katy campuses have sports programs. You see where I am going with this. U of H represents the entire Greater Houston area. We can only gain from this.

There was ONE game during Basketball Season two years ago that had a ‘UHD’ DISCOUNTED TICKET night. Just UHD. Not Clear Lake or Victoria. Katy is under UH Main as well as Sugarland.

The UH-Main Campus (or whatever it’s called now) students pay a fee that gets them “free tickets.” The other UH system schools don’t pay that. That fee helps fund our athletic department. They also pay an additional fee for the stadium.

Downtown is not a campus of The University of Houston (in my day University of Houston -University Park).

Downtown is a separate university under the auspices of the University of Houston System.

The Downtown Administration is free to explore the opportunity of establishing their own teams.

The Downtown students have different admissions criteria and they were admitted to their University.

They have their own logos, colors and traditions.

Now if our university wants to have a “young people’s discount” to attract folks at a lower cost, we should have no problem with that.

2 Likes

In the Robertson day’s we used to have an “all UH” game…did it several years. Given what attendance will be this year…time to bring it back?

Too late to roll it out for the SMU game but damn…crowd is going to suck for a nationally broadcast game…go for it if at all possible I say.

Not for a homecoming.

Last game vs Navy? Why not? Give the usual post turkey day attendance we should do everything we can to get butts in seats.

1 Like