2019 Non-Cougar Tournament Game talk

Temple roaring back. Terp bound!! Come on Owls.

Belmont is the whitest team I’ve ever seen.

According to Wiki in 1995 they renamed their mascot due to pressure. They used to be the Rebels.

Bonghorns were up 19-0. Now they are losing. :joy:

2 Likes

Rose needs to stop shooting the ball.

It’s painfully obvious that Temple isn’t comfortable with competent non-AAC referees.

2 Likes

Come on temple.

Hate to see Dunphy go out because of this game.

Do more thsn half the teams have bench shirts thst say Family? I love for the city. Any other team have “For the City”?

Hey, Memphis won tonight. Maybe they can make run in the NIT

I didn’t know Belmont was favored by -2.5

i think nike school gets the “family” practice shirts. for the city is our own slogan, except some other school tried to copy us lol. But i have a feeling UH gonna get some new jordan gear.

I would like to see “Third Ward Rep” or “Squirrel U” shirts.

Watching Temple go cold shooting is what scares me about our Coogs.

I don’t want the “We are Jordan” shirts going into that UNC game.

2 Likes

Really surprised Temple came out absolutely flat and were completely rattled. Belmont was clearly the better team, better coached and deserves to advance.

Belmont is going to the Sweet 16. I hate seeing our conference brethren go down, but it wouldn’t shock me if UH is the only team from the conference to advance.

2 Likes

I don’t see Belmont getting past LSU but sure would be an interesting game.

Belmont is in my Sweet 16 too. Maryland is crap, and Belmont can absolutely beat LSU in the second round.

Belmont did their best UH impression. Made their threes and worked the middle. Their defense was pretty decent as well.

Temple was a paper tiger all season. Temple’s biggest win came due to a ref deciding that CKS taking his tie off was directed at him and then making it personal. In a stronger bubble year, they’d be in the NIT (UCF probably would have been as well).

I think Cincy gets to the 2nd round. Iowa just isn’t very good and has been struggling as of late. Bearcats take a close one and then get stomped by Tennessee in the next round.

UCF-VCU reminds me of UH-UCF. If UCF can control the interior, they’ll have a chance to win if they can hit some shots. If VCU can get Fall in foul trouble and someone like Collin Smith can’t have a career day, UCF is probably going home.

1 Like

I think UCF beats VCU handily - they’re certainly rested after their no-show in the AAC tournament.

1 Like