2019 Non-Cougar Tournament Game talk

Temple did what I expected. Not a tough team

UCF beats VCU and gets stomped by Duke.

Cincinnati loses to Tennessee

UH of course loses to no one.

3 Likes

I was really surprised by the bubble teams that got in. Especially ASU and Belmont. Temple a bit less so because of the UCF and UH wins. The committee really needs to be more transparent about their methodology. The UCF eye test for the games I saw doesn’t put them nearly as close to Louisville and Syracuse as the committee did.

I’m with you on the UCF eye test. Not impressed. I think they will be one and done.

Good run at the end of the half to leave Wichita state up 4 at half on Furman

Mcduffie having a decent night. They’re gonna miss him next year.

Wichita’s coach did really well this year considering they returned exactly 1 rotation guy (McDuffie) and 2 end of the bench guys (Haynes-Jones, Mitgaard) and literally noone else. Yet they still got to the NIT, won a true road game (+ whatever they do after this) and played their best basketball in March. I think they’ll be interesting next year, although replacing McDuffie is far from a given.

USF won their CBI game after being down 20+ early. Considering where they were 2 years ago, not an insignificant thing for them.

7 Likes

They lost 6 of their top 7 players last year. McDuffie is good but him leaving won’t even be a hiccup to the momentum they have built over the last couple of months.

Auburn tried to do everything they could to lose that game. So many mistakes, just terrible all around the last few minutes.

1 Like

I hate seeing the kids who lose after seeing our team lose to Michigan close last year.

1 Like

The double digit seeds are not going down without a fight. Glad our guys get to see this Thursday before playing Friday. These teams are for real.

3 Likes

Northeastern begs to differ. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hold my beer!!

1 Like

Marquette really struggling against Murray State. Might be the first big seed to go down. Ja Morant’s numbers look insane.

1 Like

I hadn’t seen Morant play before this game. He’s impressive.

1 Like

Yeah he is.

Ja Morant just might make a steph curry esk run through the tournament

Murray State - Florida State is going to be a wild game on Saturday. Gotta find a way to catch that one.

Man, I thought Marquette would be more of a challenge for Murray St than this.

Oh my goodness
Morant with a triple double.

Florida state is really long and athletic, it’ll be really interesting to see how they guard him