2019 Non-Cougar Tournament Game talk

UNLV job is open again; he almost left for it before and he’s from Las Vegas.

3 Likes

Same. Had them beating Tennessee next round…

1 Like

Temple and Cincy, I sm really Disappointed. Up to Houston and UCF to show up…

4 Likes

I hope he goes back to Vegas; can’t stand that pompous ass.

2 Likes

I do find it funny tho that the Cincinnati players were talking about it being a home court advantage for them today and they can’t even win

5 Likes

anyone know when the last time Cinci held their seed?

2 Likes

This is why the top conferences get to have 6. 7. 8 teams in the tourney. Because their 6th, 7th and 8th best teams are better than most conferences 2nd, 3rd or 4th best teams.

6 Likes

kinda hard to argue that at this point.

3 Likes

Somebody two days ago told me the Big 10 was overrated…

2 Likes

By “hold their seed” do you mean the last year they didn’t lose to a lower seed? If that is the question, 2017. 6 seed, beat the 11 seed and then lost to the 3 seed.

1 Like

When in doubt always consider midwestern and eastern conference teams to over-perform. Fundamentally they seem to be able to hold their game plan together under pressure.

Cincy became a one man offensive team in the conference tourney…making it hard to find a team rhythm for 40 minutes today.

I just don’t like the one star shooter offense.

5 Likes

2 years ago. Won their 1st round game as a 6 seed and then lost to 3 seed UCLA.

1 Like

Cinci:
2018 2 seed lost to 7 seed
2017 6 seed lost to 3 seed
2016 9 seed lost to 8 seed
2015 8 seed lost to 1 seed
2014 5 seed lost to 12 seed
2013 10 seed lost to 7 seed

they are very good at making the tournament

2 Likes

Both Memphis and UCONN are bringing in good classes. Need them to step up because everyone else, sans us and Temple loses a lot (assuming Cumberland goes pro).

3 Likes

Well, I would take those opportunities.

This may not be a popular opinion but I think our lack of more great programs in our conference makes it hard on our teams in the dance.

UConn being the exception. But they live in a world surrounded by great basketball. The tourney is so, so psychological.

1 Like

You just pointed out that 4 of their 6 exits are losing to higher seeds. Isn’t that what most teams do when they don’t win championships? If you want to make a point, you should show how their wins have mostly been against lower seeds.

1 Like

12 and up are all going to be a war. Doesn’t matter what conference. Most of these teams are battle hardened.

1 Like

the facts are the facts. i cant change them to make a point you seem to think I’m making.

the lesson from the last 7 years is that all you can expect them to do is earn their seed but they will lose their seed about half the time

What it does show me is that they never have to make reservations in more than one city.

1 Like

TT is taking care of business. Hope our Coogs do the same.

2 Likes