2020 offers

I hope he (Grimes) has a big year, if waiver given and declares for the NBA. Means UH had a great year in the hardwood.

i just counted again, we a have 1 free scholly for 2020 even with grimesā€¦i also just checked verbalcommits website to verify and they agrees with my countā€¦ who am i missing?

grimes isnt updated yet, who doesnt the site notice

1 Like

Grimes
Jarreau
Hinton
White
Gresham
Gorham
Mills
Alley
Roberts
Sasser
Tyson
Mark
Shead

Thatā€™s 13.

3 Likes

okay, justin was listed as a junior but will be a junior again next seasonā€¦

1 Like

Weā€™re full. I have the schloarship chart but dont know how to upload it lol.

We are gaining more players than are leaving in 2020. Shead, Mark, Tyson fill armoni and harris spots.

13 players now.

Spot(s) likely to open up though.

Weā€™re still recruiting for 20 because look for Dejon, Nate and Grimes (if waiver is approved) to go draft. Also, look for someone to reclassify to max out the 19 class to get that extra player in. No way we skip 20 class

3 Likes

We have not had a team like this since Guy V. I improved my seats about a month ago!

2 Likes

You donā€™t think weā€™re done with the '19 classā€¦

Lotā€™s of irrational talk going onā€¦

Letā€™s wait and see just what kind of team we have for next year and how they might all work together.

I seriously doubt we will have 3 NBA players on the team this yearā€¦

I prefer a hard working type teamā€¦ If 1 or 2 can make it into the NBA ā€¦fineā€¦By NBA, I mean drafted.

2 Likes

It is not irrational any one of those 3 have a breakout season they could declare.

But yeah I prefer to focus on this group of players who can take us very far, keep this program going and the crowds coming

Yes, maybe one of them (might get drafted), but highly unlikely that ALL three will enter draft much less get drafted !..>As has been stated in this thread !

I like the problem of having too much talent over what we had when CKS arrived. I am beyond excited about our future. I believe CKS will keep it rolling regardless of who may go pro. He has made UH a destination school for basketball and our future is so bright that I need sunglasses to read the roster. :sunglasses::boom::sunny::basketball::tada:

5 Likes

i think its highly probably that all 3 get draftedā€¦note the draft isnt just the lotteryā€¦there are late second round picks

• numerous people have told me grimes was given a late 2nd round grade and he came back to prove he was a lottery pickā€¦unless grimes somehow gets worse or injured he will be draftedā€¦

• dejon is a 6ā€™5 point guardā€¦we had nba scouts come to our games last season to check him out.that was just his sophmore season

• hinton is a 6ā€™6 SG he is the furthest of the 3, but there are already talks of him as a true freshmanā€¦ its not crazy to think heā€™ll get draft hype with 3 full seasons to do soā€¦

cumberland and quinton rose ruined this thoery this season for meā€¦but prior to this season every 6ā€™4 or taller guard on a decent or better aac team with good stats havent made it to their senior seasonā€¦the biggest hurdle is measurables and all 3 have it being over 6ā€™5

no one is saying they all be drafted in the lottery, but in multiple drafts over the next four yeas, and recognizing the 2nd round is a thing (and no one leaves earlier than they should) ā€¦id put it at over 50% that all 3 get drafted

2 Likes

Well, I am not an NBA scout, and I have not seen Grimes playā€¦but I do believe Hinton has the talent, but will need at least 3 years under Sampson to achieve that dream.

Not so sure about Dejon. Will see what kind of year he has and what commitment he is willing to make with a FULL year coming up.

I hope they ALL eventually get drafted for their future, but I doubt it.

1 Like

I think Dejon is probably gone after this season.

Hinton, I think he gives us three years.

Grimes, weā€™ll see if the waiver gets approved, if it does, heā€™s probably gone after this year as long as he has a solid year.

Coaches will still be recruiting for 2020.

5 Likes

Yeah, I agree. I think Hinton comes back and then declares after his junior year. Unless UH makes a final four run and all three have pretty good seasons.

Damnā€¦ UH would be deep because we havenā€™t even mentioned Mills who CKS loves. Imagine if Grimes gets the waiver approved by the time the team goes to Italy.

2 Likes

Also, donā€™t discount Grimes leaving if he doesnā€™t get a waiver. Iā€™d suspect heā€™s not going to want to sit out a year. I could see him playing overseas.

1 Like

Who really foresaw Armoni staying in the draft? Certainly not me.

Hypothetically speaking if Grimes gets the waiver:

C- Fabian White
PF- Justin Gorham
SF- Nate Hinton
SG- Caleb Mills
PG- Quentin Grimes

6th man- Dejon Jarreau

Brison Gresham
Cedrick Alley Jr.
Marcus Sasser Jr.

Situational players- Chris Harris
Jā€™Wan Roberts

This is just my humble opinion, but I think because how much CKS values shooting and the 3pt line being moved back to international distance, I could see Mills starting. So then for me it becomes a Jarreau or Hinton discussion at the 3 spot. I think Hinton fits that spot perfectly, but I could see Jarreau starting over him because of Jarreau being an upperclassmen, even though Jarreau played excellent last year as the primary ball handler off the bench as the 6th Man last year. Exciting times, nevertheless. Go Coogs, For the City :paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints:

2 Likes

I agree. Love Dejon. But heā€™s got miles to go as a point guard to get drafted. Not saying he canā€™t get there but heā€™s got lots of work to do.

3 Likes