2021-2022 Schedule/ Predictions

Covid still on people’s minds will affect the crowd imho. Normally I’d say 30k Houston and 10k TT.

20 UH and 8 TT.

33k announced, 10k Coogs, 2k Red Raiders, 700 confused Texans fans.

1 Like

I’m going to have to go with 14-1. I still don’t think we can take Bama in the Championship game. I’ve got to stay realistic; Bama just looks so good this year.

3 Likes

9-3 and hoping for a win in a decent bowl. At 5-0 we’re “flying high” but Tulane knocks us off that perch (as they’ve done over the years). And SMoooo and Memphis just have more talented rosters and have had our numbers over the past few years. These are two of the programs we really need to overtake to have a shot at the conference championship. This coming Monday I preview the linebacker unit! Only 13 more Saturday’s until kickoff!

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/a_matthews713/status/1403037984652468227?s=21

Lol

2 Likes

This sounds right, but man failing to split with SMU and Memphis still means we’d be huge frauds just feastingng on cupcakes

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/houstonfan00/status/1403872887254175751?s=21

I’ll take that all day

The Tech game is the first game, inside the A/C, and at a great time. I believe we have 40-50k with 2/3 UH and 1/3 Tech. Should be a great way to kick off the season.

1 Like

I like the optimism but because I still see some knuckleheads driving around town in their cars all alone with a mask on, I think the turnout is likely to be quite a bit lower.

Then again, attending the Final Four games inside a ~67,000 seat Lucas Oil Stadium with only ~2,500 people inside likely has altered my perspective.

1 Like

The Tech game is going to be an odd test case all around. There is definitely pent up demand for football. But right now I don’t think it’s unfair to say that there isn’t a lot of buzz for either team in Houston. So I don’t think it will necessarily be indicative of any major shift one way or the other.

I’m betting an announcement cried of 40-45 but we can probably expect quite a bit less in the attendance.

1 Like

I just spent the week at Universal in Orlando and it was packed. Unless something changes, I see things being back to normal by September with pent up demand for college sports again.

Just got an email - 1st time in history - offering UH season ticket holders an opportunity to buy 2X their number of tickets for the Tech game. A clear sign that there is very low ticket demand.

1 Like

You must have gotten a different email…mine shows equal amount as usual.

We would like to thank our valued season-ticket holders with a pre-sale opportunity to request additional tickets for the Texas Kickoff game against Texas Tech at NRG Stadium on Sept. 4. Season-ticket holders will have the opportunity to request up to the limit of their current seat ticket allotment for additional seats.

I got the same email about buying 1X (not 2X) our season ticket allotment. I plan on taking them up on the offer.

This e-mail is an offer to purchase “additional” seats - over and above your normal number of season tickets. For example, we already have 8 season tickets for the games at TDECU so we will receive 8 tickets (in our season ticket package) for the game against Tech at NRG. And so this most recent offer is for us to buy an “additional” 8 tickets for the Tech game - ie: 2X our normal number of seats/tickets.

Snide wasn’t necessary….matter of interpretation.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to come across as snide - but informative. Hope to see you and many other UH fans this year at NRG for the Tech game and throughout the season.

1 Like

I will ask the following questions since I live out West.
What is U of H doing to attract as many U of H fans as possible?
What have you seen on in the media (TV, radio, internet, print, outdoor advertising, supermarket sales etc,)
Any types of advertising is a bonus.

UofH isn’t doing anything which is par for the course minus Herman’s tenure. Sad really. We are not very innovative which we need to be considering the many disadvantages we have vs Texas, LSU, etc.

1 Like