2021 College World Series

Wait a minute…UT advanced to the College World Series and we didn’t light downtown skyscrapers or city hall burnt orange? We didn’t have UT ‘Hook em Horns’ office parties? We didn’t have every local broadcast lead with their cast wearing UT gear?

I’m constantly told that UT is EASILY the most popular college in the city of Houston.

Why Why Why would they do all of those things for the lowly University of Houston basketball run but not the University of Texas…aren’t we a city full of passionate Horns fans?

I’m constantly told UH is maybe the 5th or 6th most popular college in the city of Houston…something doesn’t add up.

And before I get the basketball vs baseball answer…baseball is still the 3rd most popular sport.

…and the basketball runs did NOT generate buzz for the Texas Tech fans (made the finals) or the Baylor fans (won the whole thing) but the city DID get behind the Houston Cougars!

Sounds like you need new friends.

We all do…P5 friends, thats the whole argument of why we are being left out. The Houston market is not a UH market.

2 Likes