2021 NCAA Track & Field Championships

Who and why? Ugh come one coogs you can’t do that stuff in the finals!!!

Booker ran a great opening leg

Feel bad for the guys.

Two year wait to drop the baton. I’m sure they are heartbroken.

3 Likes

Not too surprising out of bandera

1 Like

Yes he did. We were in that thing.

1 Like

At least Shaun will be more rested for 100 and 200

Silver lining, but damn, feel for the team. Two years and then this. No one feels worse than they do.

2 Likes

Agreed feel bad and I know they could have had it. Better luck next year for the 4x100. Come one Shaun!!!

1 Like

I had just told my wife that the 4 x 100 always makes me nervous. That’s why the 4 x 400 is my favorite

Agreed, we aren’t the first and won’t be the last to falter in the 4x100. Been watching for years and it happens in the finals more often than thought. Trying to gain an advantage with such elite teams can do that.

I called it the “scariest race” right before the start.

Had to give myself a 20 min timeout from Coogfans because the language would not have nice. Didn’t watch the replay, didn’t even watch the rest of the race, but thought Collins started too late. Not to lay blame on one guy because the runner with the baton is suppose to make sure the guy in front has it. So damn disappointing. Hope it fires up Shaun for his races.

1 Like

He started way too late. We had lost the advantage Booker had given us.

You usually see drops when receiving leg starts too early.

Great job getting to finals but just disappointing to see that after all that hard work!

Agreed but “Cooged it” has outlived its relevance. Every school has disappointing results by its teams

2 Likes

where is nick alexander? Collins has a lack of concentration some time.

We need to compete in more events so we can challenge for team title ? That would supersede any individual titles we win

He has been slowing recently, only our 7th fastest 100 guy right now. The Texas relays 4x100 squad had him and Sumler. Collins was always going to be on it along with Shaun. The 4 we used also did prelims and the conference championship.

1 Like

I thought Shaun had won. He got a better start than Laird but not a great one

1 Like

Hell of a run from Shaun. Laird looks locked in. Super impressive to get on the podium in the 100, especially with how much talent there was this year.

2 Likes

Exactly. He’s the only UH freshman to make the finals in both 100 and 200. That’s saying quiet a lot

2 Likes