2021 Schedule

Not sure how many people you have either fired or hired but the quickest way to a lawsuit is to tell the prospective employer that the employee wasn’t up to par.

Im fairly certain acknowledging the person worked at your establishment between a set of dates is about as far as one can go.
That being said, the Miami fans were not the employer so all they have like so many on our site are opinions, some negative, some positive.

edit:our administration probably didnt read the Miami fan boards to decide whether to hire D’Onofrio

Maybe they should have

In that case, lets just hope that when Applewhite was looking for work the Alabama staff didnt look at our boards.

I certainly dont want to be personally responsible for ensuring someone trying to provide for his or her family didnt get hired somewhere. Every job is different and where one fails at one place doesnt necessarily mean they will fail at another.

1 Like

His post from Jan 1
“O line and QB need a coach! There is plenty of talent they just aren’t coached!”

From today
“Just don’t have the right Coaches nor player talent”

Gotta love consistency

4 Likes

This is inaccurate. If you provide factual information, e.g. we fired this employee for these reasons; that is totally legal and any lawsuit would be frivolous.

I am pretty sure Applewhite got involved in the Ed fiasco after the equipment man or a member of the staff asked Oliver to take the jacket off
That said I think it was the Army embarrassment that did him in

1 Like

The jacket incident should never have been played out in public. Lessons learned.

Pretty sure your comparison should be Applewhite talking to coaches D’onfrio worked for, not reading anonymous messages from Miami fans on a UH fan board. Just really no connection there.

I was one who didn’t like that hire from the start. Didn’t like Applewhite but tried to give him a chance. He had no control over the program and no vision. Firing him was the right move. If he was a great coach he wouldn’t be a coordinator for a terrible Sun Belt team three years later.

2 Likes

Coach Dana with his BIG financially contract can’t be fired after two years. I hope this teaches UH not to give $4 million a year off the bat to any coach unless we move into a P5 school.

I like Dana but he has had a bad 2 year record at UH.

1 Like

Yeah…we should model ourselves after universities (or anything for that matter) from entities on the LEFT coast !

1 Like

He needs to replace the O line Coach. He does not Coach.

Uh, no.

1 Like

Hello friends,

In late October 2019, I posted my personal opinions about CDH. That is the only post to date that I have made about him and his lack of leadership and basically everything else I see wrong with the football program. (I will say that I have posted many times about how he ran off some of our best players in the first year. But that’s also my personal views.) In that post, I stated that I hadn’t seen anything positive come out of the program. I stand by that post today.

I know first hand that Tillman Fertitta was the major donor for CDH salary but there were several other big longtime donors who contributed to his salary as well. It speaks volumes that after one home game loss in 2019 some of those donors actually booed him at the end and told him what they thought of his coaching; it wasn’t pretty.

I love my University of Houston unfailingly and have been supporting it since 1983. My first donation was $10.00 and that was big gift for me.

Sadly, last week I called my contact at the Athletic Development Office and told them I wouldn’t be renewing my loge seats and Cougar Pride contribution for the next football season. I explained my reasons and they weren’t surprised. Instead, I will transfer this support to the track program where we have probably the best coaches in the country and an amazing track and field team.

You can call me a CDH hater or ignorant or whatever you want…

I come in peace!

9 Likes

You are just speaking from the heart Peggy. Hope you are well !
#GoCoogs

1 Like

Thank you Jess! I appreciate your kind words. Take care.

1 Like

The fans do appreciate the players. No one in this thread has ragged on the players. All the criticism gets funneled towards CDH. As it should.

1 Like

Not talking about this thread, just a general observation.

1 Like

I just know what a huge Coog you are. You rarely post on here but when you do it comes w thoughtfulness n from the heart. There’s no clear cut black/white answers when it comes to CDH. We should all be able to give opinions good/bad n not worry abt whether the personal attacks will come soon after. Hopefully year 33333 is the Move Forward year or it will be trouble for All.

It was not my intention to personally attack anyone. Mine was an opinion and an observation like everyone on this forum. I apologize if it came across rude , I have deleted my response . Again I apologize.

3 Likes

Everyone needs a place to vent. I dont think there was anything wrong with what you said. It’s been a rough couple years for the program, for reasons beyond just winning and losing. Hopefully, this fall we can get back to tailgating and watching our guys win some games. With fans in the stands!

3 Likes