2021 Schedule

So you are predicting an undefeated season for UH?

NY6 here we come

4 Likes

unfortunately, no lol …the projections say we are worse than those teams… we havent had a .500 season in 2 years… most computer projections ive seen have us worse than tulane…who they dont even have as good
if we were as good as we hoped we’d be year 3 of holgs id have called undefeated, easily … our schedule is terrible, one of the worst ever at UH, but we are a projected just as terribly…but i cant say with confidence who we’ll beat…which is the current state of affairs

4 Likes

Well there you have it.

We should drop football, all is lost, we will be 0-12 against a poor schedule.

Where are the razor blades ??

2 Likes

Sounds like a good plan, but you are assuming NYC will have their act together by then.

1 Like

The schedule features teams that we sold 40,000 tickets for…in 2015.

The problem is our W-L record under Dana, not the schedule.

1 Like

A lot of Coogs here setting themselves up for high expectations that might not be delivered. Historically Houston or UH fans don’t respond real well to weak schedules. Its our history! But we respond worse to low W counts versus Ls. Hopefully 2021 is a step in the right direction. I think it will be.

3 Likes

saying i dont know what games we’ll win isnt the same as saying i think we’ll lose them all

there are 4 games on the schedule we win just by handing the ball off every play… that i cant even fathom how we could lose (grambling, uconn, usf and temple)

5 games that we can if we are just mediocre. not even good, we win… rice, tech, navy, tulane and ecu

just not being horrible should atleast get us 9 wins … not accounting that tulsa, smu and memphis who are all rebuilding, any of them could collapse aswell… none of them are bama that theyve proven sustain success during roster turnovers

1 Like

Ever?

Good thing we’re a basketball school now

2 Likes

This looks like a typical UH FB schedule going forward. Seems to be every bit as good, if not better opponents than back in our C-USA days. And, with some P5 conferences talking about reducing their # of non-conference games, and discussing eliminating playing any more non-P5 opponents, this might be about as good as it gets until if and when we get an invitation into a p5 league.

1 Like

I predict a drop off. We just let go of our defensive coordinator. Correct me if I’m wrong hired a CB coach on his first season and will lose 5 productive starting players and keep our QB who’s had 2.5 seasons to figure it out. Not to mention we haven’t signed a full class yet and don’t play 2 of the toughest teams in our conference to really measure the team before it counts.

c-usa 1.0 schedules had regular top 25 teams…c-usa 2.0 we had monstrous OOC games … 2011 is the only kinda comparable schedule…but la tech was the best team in the WAC… and ucla was a bowl team

it doesnt seem to be “every bit as good” by any measure … what makes this schedule particularly weak is that there are clear favorites in the aac and we happen to avoid both …i dont think that’ll be a yearly thing

and our non conference will be notably weak going forward (kandas is our headliner till 2023) …this year is horrific even by that standard… we were ranked top 10 worst non-con in an article not too long ago…and that was before we added uconn… Grambling (bad fcs) uconn (fcs quality) rice (one of the worst fbs teams)…tech (projected 3 win team)…we are likely going to be ranked the worst noncon schedule in the country

1 Like

As I understand it, we have no control over the AAC Conference schedule, so it is what it is. Finish with a solid winning record, attract better recruits and build.

1 Like

Only one I don’t agree on is Tulane. Probably have to be a little better than mediocre to beat them in a road Thursday game. We beat them pretty good for 3 quarters last year but outside of that game they were a better team and got stronger as the season went on. Without knowing too much about how their roster changed, I do still expect us to win that one since we added a bunch of guys ready to contribute.

It is pretty bad when the back to back road games against Tulsa and Tulane look like the hardest stretch of the schedule. Only prediction I will make is this board will be in meltdown mode if we are 4-2 heading into that bye week (probably rightfully so).

2 Likes

There is something crappy with each of our OOC games…whats worse…

1. Playing Rice @ Rice? We should always just pay them to play at TDECU.
  2. A one and done away game with UConn??? Why oh why…if we are doing one and done away games…at least lets play an interesting opponent.
  3. Tech at NRG??? So instead of a true one and one, we are doing a neutral and an away. I know its the kick-off classic…but it is going to be an empty stadium and bad optics…maybe the pay day is good though.
  4. Grambling…out of all our OOC games…this is the one I have the least issue with. Sure, we said we weren’t going to do FCS anymore…but at least this will be entertaining and they will bring some fans.
1 Like

Well Rice is another home game since we will outnumber them, and if we pay them to play at TDECU, that means money out of our pocket.

UCONN is a bad game, but probably could not find anyone else decent to fill a slot.
Tech at NRG is probably a payday, so that is good. Anything over 30K will look OK if it is held in the lower level.

1 Like

I’m sure it makes financial sense to Pez. He is cognizant of our balance sheet and is doing all he can to keep us in the best shape he can.

3 Likes

For Rice I hope they at least have the sense to put it at night. That 11 am September game at Rice back in 2018 was brutal.

6 Likes

If the networks want it on TV, it will be at 11 am. Our conferences are just TV filler.

Question is why would the networks want it on TV ?