2021 Senior Bowl

He wasn’t targeted much. One pass completion for 6 yards. He was targeted on a long pass where he beat his man but the ball was grossly under thrown by the WF qb. It resulted in an interception

1 Like

The last note I saw on Turner was a really bad look for him with Rhule. Hopefully there was just a minor injury that held him out not something rust.

For me the biggest hold back with Turner is his durability. He’s missed big chunks of the last three seasons. Maybe if his pro day results are off the charts he gets some notice otherwise, I think he’s an undrafted free agent in someone’s camp.

Some Stuard love.

From the article list of Winners:

Houston LB Grant Stuard

"There are limitations to Stuard’s game. But his effort is seemingly in endless supply. Stuard made himself some money with how he performed on special teams in Saturday’s game, making three tackles on those units and delivering a huge blow on one of Felton’s punt returns.

The long-haired ball of energy isn’t a complete defender, and his size (5-11, 230 pounds, 29 1/2-inch arms) is an issue. But for a special-teams demon, Stuard fits the bill. He’ll go to a team and compete his tail off for a roster spot, even if he has his shortcomings."

If Grant can make a roster at special teams, that would be great. If he would just hang on, he could eventually be in the LB mix. Regardless, just being on the 53 man roster would give him a nice contract with the minimum salary for a rookie being $610,000.00 this past year. Just one year would give him a nice start in life unless he just foolishly blows it.

Seems like he made the right decision playing in the senior bowl and not coming back next year.

Would an NFL team actually keep a guy that can only play special teams?

Brandon Wilson is doing pretty good at it

1 Like

Oddly enough, very similar build to Grant Stuard, but speed… Stuard is fast, but not Wilson fast. I have seen Stuard has as good as a 4.52. It would be elite if he could get a a sub 4.5 at the combine.

Yeah, they do all the time.

1 Like

Steve Tasker?

They made a movie about one that played for Philly

An acquaintance of mine made great money playing special teams for 6 years in the NFL. Enough money to plan a very comfortable future.

I think Marquez pro day will be much bigger for him. The one deep throw he beat his man but the QB underthrew him leading to an INT.